LaunchBox Community Forums

Android Game Videos

MDGeist

Hello LaunchBox Team... Quick question. How do I keep video snaps for android games working when I tap from app to app? I'll add videos to the android folder within the LaunchBox video folder, but when I leave the edit media option, LaunchBox restarts and the video does not play and is no longer recognized. Please advise and thank you in advance.

im still trying to figure out how to get themes to work.  would love to get to the point were it has video snaps.

currently i only see a list of platforms.  I downloaded themes and placed them in the launchbox/themes folder but I dont see any options to activate themes on the app

On 3/9/2023 at 9:14 AM, MDGeist said:

Hello LaunchBox Team... Quick question. How do I keep video snaps for android games working when I tap from app to app? I'll add videos to the android folder within the LaunchBox video folder, but when I leave the edit media option, LaunchBox restarts and the video does not play and is no longer recognized. Please advise and thank you in advance.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. Are you unable to add videos to the app?

On 3/12/2023 at 9:31 AM, tallpr24 said:

im still trying to figure out how to get themes to work.  would love to get to the point were it has video snaps.

currently i only see a list of platforms.  I downloaded themes and placed them in the launchbox/themes folder but I dont see any options to activate themes on the app

There's a themes manager built into the app. Once the app is loaded, press the Back button and then choose Manage Themes.

Jason... Thanks for the response. I'm trying to add video snaps to my android games. I've tried before and it played  a video snap for Marvel's Contest of Champions once and then it stopped working. Now when I add video snaps to my android games they crash my launchbox app.

5 hours ago, MDGeist said:

Jason... Thanks for the response. I'm trying to add video snaps to my android games. I've tried before and it played  a video snap for Marvel's Contest of Champions once and then it stopped working. Now when I add video snaps to my android games they crash my launchbox app.

I will admit that I've never had videos for my Android games, so I've never really tested that either, but I also don't know of a reason why it shouldn't work. I can test it out though and see if I can replicate any issues.

@MDGeist Just tested adding some videos to Android games, and everything worked as expected for me, but I was also testing with known-good video formats. My best guess is that maybe the video format being used might not work? We use VLC for video playback though, which should support most everything, so I'm not exactly sure what's happening there. But unfortunately I can't replicate any issues.

So what I'm doing is downloading an .mp4 video and then cutting and pasting it to the Platforms folder within the Videos folder in Launchbox. I've done this with all my other platforms and respective games (Arcade, SNES, Gamecube, Switch, DS, 3DS, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS1, 2, and PSP) and I have no problems with the videos loading. I'll edit the media on (for example) COD Mobile and when I go to add the video, Launchbox shuts off and it still shows "None" where a video should be.