LaunchBox Community Forums

If I'm tweaking the settings of an existing RetroArch shader preset, is there a way I can use split-screen to compare before/after?

FamShoppa

I'm using Duimon's Mega Bezel shaders, which have lots of options you can tweak in the shader settings.

Currently, I'm having to tweak a setting...pause...then undo the setting to get a sense of the difference. This is manually very difficult to do constantly...and sometimes changes are too subtle to notice that way.

I was hoping RetroArch would have some split-screen option where it would show the shaders from a certain default state on one side...then your most recent changes on the other.

I asked ChatGPT about this, and it pointed me to the "Shader Passes" section...but none of its instructions made any sense. Please wonderful LaunchBox experts and humans...help me!

I completely agree that tweaking shaders in RA is absolutely cumbersome and a ridiculous process! The options should be in a bar at the bottom of the screen where you can set a config and then scroll to the next option to repeat the process. It truly is absurd.

• Haha 1