LaunchBox Community Forums

Re-Importing a platform and how it affects playlists

knup36

I'm sorry if this question has been answered but I didn't see a post about it after searching...

I set up my Amiga collection a few years ago, but now that RA supports Amiga I wanted to re-do that collection, but I"m concerned how it will affect my current playlists. I have playlists that reference my current Amiga setup, but after I re-import, I'm concerned those will all either break or be lost completely.

Is that not the case? or is there a way to ensure that I don't screw up any of my playlists entries for the Amiga titles.=

Thank you!

I think it depends on how you have your playlists populated.  If you don't have them auto populated, and if the game's Titles don't change and they stay in the same platform 'name'. you should be good.

If you do have them auto-populated, it will depend on how the filters were setup.  

oh ok thats good to know, if thats the case. The ones I'm worried about ARE the ones that I've hand-curated.

So, am I to understand that if you remove a platform, those entries are still contained within the playlist XML files...they will just be pointing to something that doesn't 'exist' anymore in lunchbox. But once I re-do the platform, it SHOULD point back the same entry and 'reconnect'? 

1 hour ago, knup36 said:

I re-do the platform, it SHOULD point back the same entry and 'reconnect'? 

That I can only assume to be a correct statement.  But there's one sure way to find out. ;) 

In the meantime, a quick, simple safety net would be to make a backup copy of your \LaunchBox\Data\Playlists\ folder prior to re-doing your collection.

• Thanks 1

Good call! I think I actually will import a dummy collection of something else and make some playlists and see what happens just in case. 

Thanks for taking the time! 

and yes, always backups...preferably two ;)

• Like 1