LaunchBox Community Forums

Arrange by more than one field or category

MGPz12

Hey guys,

I know Launchbx allows you to arrange your games by different criteria ( Genre, Installed, Favorite and so on )
Question is, is there a way to use more than one of those fields to organize how the games show.
For example I would like to have my favorite games always on top and then organize my games by region. 

If that feature is not there it would be great if at some point it could be implemented. Also maybe adding a bespoke or customizable field for us in case we want to add our own category to sort the games. 
Lets say that I want to group all the SNes Games with Japanese layout box and the ones with Western layout box within the same list. I would use that "new bespoke" category to do so.

Thanks so much.

9 hours ago, MGPz12 said:

Also maybe adding a bespoke or customizable field for us in case we want to add our own category to sort the games. 

I always liked that idea, being able to use customizable fields. 

I made once a request in BitBucket to be able to add customizable fields for the URL fields, there's only one for Video and one for Wikipedia, I would like to change the name f.ex. to Hack that would point you to the ROM Hack site instead of Wikipedia. 

• Like 1

[Not to stray too much from the OP...]

9 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

I made once a request in BitBucket to be able to add customizable fields for the URL fields, there's only one for Video and one for Wikipedia, I would like to change the name f.ex. to Hack that would point you to the ROM Hack site instead of Wikipedia. 

For the interim, you can put whatever hyperlink/web-URL you want in the Wikipedia field.

image.png.05c52c232411b79c184c4311fa959eb3.png

And with some creative xaml manipulation, you could even change the  <Path Data=  line to change the icon that's shown.

image.png.0a4e1f4c722c699cd28f0baca0a60514.png

Edit:  Something like this

image.png.0fcc7ee0f750b25739e726f545f82f7a.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeadVoivod said:

I know that you can put whatever link you want, that's what I usually do, but I don't want it to say Wikipedia when it's clearly not. 

Ya, the latter part of the method I showed (changing the W image) is an all-or-nothing deal.  Which I agree, doesn't help too much.

Another [interim] workaround is to add a Custom Field that has the Value set to your ROM Hack site URL.   And again, with some creative xaml manipulation, make the Custom Field clickable to take you to the site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1