LaunchBox Community Forums

FF7 7th heaven setup

ATOdinson

SO, I have a shortcut that goes strait to launching the game with mods, then closes 7th heaven when you exit the game.  I tried adding the game via the shortcut, but launchbox thinks the game has closed the moment the console closes.

How would I configure launchbox to use the 7th heaven shortcut to launch the game, but watch the actual exe to determine when it closes? 

So, normally I would add /launch /quit to the end of the shortcut to make it work.  I tried using the 7th heaven exe with /launch /quit in the command line parameters.  The launch part worked perfectly, automatically launching the game.  Unfortunately, the quit part instantly closes the program rather than waiting to close the program till after FF7 is closed, which is how it normally works when doing it through a normal shortcut.

Any help for this noob would be nice. 

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, BrainyCabde said:

Did you ever figure this out? I'm just now trying to get add 7th Heaven to LB so I can autorun the game with mods without going to the launcher first.

Unfortunately not.  I am still using the /launch /quit parameters in my shortcut, and it does launch, but immediately get the game over screen even though the game is running because it switches to the game. 

2 hours ago, ATOdinson said:

My intuition says that the 7th heaven team would need to make some kind of option to keep the launcher entirely in the background.  I suppose we could suggest or ask for such an option in the official discord. 

the startup/shutdown screens are triggered by the main launching app existing and then not existing. so if a mod launcher boots up first to boot this game with said mods, and then the launcher closes then the game over screen is going to get triggered prematurely at that point. you just need to rethink your approach on how to launch it because you misunderstand how the startup and shutdown screens work.

So scripting will fix this issue. In the below script insert in the full path to the 7th Heaven Launcher, and also make sure to change "FFVII.exe" to whatever the game exe file actually is if it's something different. Paste this below script into a text file and save it as something like "7thHeavenLaunchScript.ahk"

Run, "D:\Full\Path\to\Launcher\7th Heaven.exe" /LAUNCH /QUIT
WinWait, ahk_exe FFVII.exe
WinWaitClose, ahk_exe FFVII.exe

The script does this:

Runs the mod launcher as normal so everything from there goes as business as usual

WinWait says "Wait for this window to exist"

WinWaitClose says "Wait for this window to close"

and then script terminates when that window closes.

If the script is used as the main exe the Shutdown screen gets triggered at the appropriate point in time, at game exit, which is due to the script terminates at game exit.

So in the game entry, you need the application path to point to the copy of AHK that is included with LB, which is in ThirdParty\AutoHotkey. In the command line parameters you need to insert the full path to the script and make sure to use quotes around it

image.thumb.png.8fd2cfc03f5ba8c101c854c072b04cb3.png

Edited by skizzosjt
  • Game On 1