LaunchBox Community Forums

combining multi disc into one game

d8thstar

hi all,

i just discovered this feature, pretty awesome!  when starting in BB, you select play, game loads up.  if you want to play a different disc, you select "play alternate version".

is there anyway to make the "play" button operate like the "play alternate version" option?

i ask because there is no way to know that a game has multiple discs so selecting just "play", may not be the correct disc.

thank for reading

You can use this batch script to create m3us for every game in a system: 

Couple things: do read the directions in there as you do need a specific folder structure. I recommend using file2foldergui to move each game (set of discs) into one folder if you haven't already. Also this batch file creates m3us for every subfolder in a single directory, meaning you'll get an m3u even for single disc games (this is by design, and single disc m3us work just fine, but they aren't necessary. I like just all my games to have the same extension in launchbox). Alternately, you can just create a single folder for all multidisc games manually and leave the single disc games out of that directory while running the batch. Let me know if you have any questions. Lastly, as is, this works with cue files only. However, under the Support section another user and myself figured out how to make it work for CHDs.  

Edited by fromlostdays

As long as you have the Disc data point set correctly on your additional apps and your emulator is set to make m3u (done in Tools > Manage > Manage Emulators > (Select and press edit on emulator) > Associated Platforms) LaunchBox will create and load a m3u for you automatically. No need for scripts