LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME ROMs Only - What File Do I Link To For LB To Open The Game?

Starwind Amada

6 minutes ago, Starwind Amada said:

So there's no way to have LB launch them? 

Mame will not run bin/cue files. It can only run zipped Mame roms that are recognized by Mame. Not sure what X-men 92 is. Do you mean the Konami X-men game released in 1992?

What emulator are you trying to use?

7 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Mame will not run bin/cue files. It can only run zipped Mame roms that are recognized by Mame. Not sure what X-men 92 is. Do you mean the Konami X-men game released in 1992?

What emulator are you trying to use?

I want Launchbox to see the games and open MAME when I click on the icons in my Launchbox library.

And yes I mean the Konami X-Men.

33 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Of course you can run them.

You import the zip files.

It won't recognize my ROM set. When I try to import it says "The folder does not contain a full MAME ROM set." There are 4 zip files in that folder. I put the ROMs in a Games folder in my LB directory like the video says. If I import the ZIP files individually it just bring up my ZIP file software

Edited by Starwind Amada

24 minutes ago, Starwind Amada said:

It won't recognize my ROM set. When I try to import it says "The folder does not contain a full MAME ROM set." There are 4 zip files in that folder. I put the ROMs in a Games folder in my LB directory like the video says. If I import the ZIP files individually it just bring up my ZIP file software

That because you are trying to use the "Full Rom Set" importer and you do not have the actual full rom set. 

If you are trying to import just a few roms just open your rom folder and select all 4 roms and drag and drop them into LB then follow the import wizard it opens. 

Keep in mind doing Mame this way, as in using only a few roms, it is best to open Mame directly and make sure you can actually run the rom files you download first then import. If you can't run them then you have a different issue to deal with. We have no idea what rom set those files came from and you may be missing needed files to run games such as bios file or other support files.