LaunchBox Community Forums

Anybody having issues with RetroAchievements?

I'm experiencing some weird stuff with RA just now, cheevo didn't pop because it seems to be offline or something. Just wondering if anybody else is having issues as well.

I didnt mean the API i read that like a month ago, API has nothing to do with cheevo's popping. I mean't like the actual site seems to be offline, or experiencing some kind of difficulty. Says it has 0 active players atm and the page loads real sluggish.

Edited by KingSlayer420

the Achievements option is greyed out in pcsx2 for me as well. Not sure what's going on, I'm sure they will fix it soon.

EDIT: Upon further inspection PCSX2 randomly logged me out at 8pm exact (RA Time), could be a error on my end who knows. The option is back though and it seems I can get back to cheevo huntin'

Edited by KingSlayer420

9 hours ago, C-Beats said:

I'd suggest hopping into their discord. They've announced they are now having issues with their website and will be down for a bit as they identify the cause and potentially migrate servers.

Thanks for the info c-beats, I keep forgetting about discord. Site still seems kind of sluggish today but the achievements work. PCSX2 forcibly logged me out a couple times last night during gameplay, had to redo a few of the cheevos.

On 8/10/2023 at 12:27 PM, Rlad said:

I couldn't log in yesterday, i kept getting 'error invalid username/password'. The solution is to go into the retroarch.cfg and delete the token (at 'cheevos_token'). Just posting incase anyone else has the same issue.

Thanks for the useful info Rlad. It was down for a few days, it was a server issue over at RA. The next day the site went down, was down for almost 4-5 days, felt like 5 months. They said cheevos could still be earned while the site was down, but without the info about some cheevos from the site it makes it very difficult to know if you missed something. Soon as it came back online I was excited to get back to my Shadow Hearts 2 playthrough, I was 40 hrs deep when it went haywire on me. Started where I left off and played basically to the end game content, only to find that during that time several cheevos didn't pop for me, like 12 to be exact. I spent 3 days going back 10+ hrs to get a achievement that should have popped. I was pretty frustrated with it, I still have 3 left to get to master it, ending up taking a small break from it due to the frustration 😅 The error was on my end though not RA, they did warn us not to play until it was fully finished and I jumped at the first opportunity when I should have waited. Just a fair warning to anybody in case this happens again in the future. Always wait until all the server issues are fixed, unfortunately i learned that the hard way.

Edited by KingSlayer420

• 2 months later...