LaunchBox Community Forums

Change image for a single game

Tundro

Hoping this is an easy one.  Is there a way to swap to a different image on a single game in the main view (launchbox, not BBox)?  As an example, my Yars' Revenge box is the Sears Telegames version.  I see the image of the Sunnyvale old school yellow box in the list for the game under edit/metadata-media/images.  So the image I want to display is downloaded.  My image group is set to '3D boxes'.  Is there a way to change from the Sears to the preferred yellow box image?  I don't think it matters, but just in case, I'm using the Neon Deluxe Arcade theme. If it's complicated, obviously it's not a big deal.  Thanks for your time whomever picks this up.

YarsPic.png

EditMetadataPic.png

Edited by Tundro
Added edit media pic for more context

For 3D boxes there is only one "type".  If you look at the database where I am assuming you download the media there are three 3D boxes all under North America region.  What LB will do then is name each as title of game then with -01, -02, -03.   You can prioritize a media type (i.e., Box Front or Box Front - Reconstructed) and region but not at individual media level. 

For 3D boxes you are left with removing the media you don't want to show up. Alternatively, you can open up the edit window, select the image, and move it to some category you never use. I use "Fanart Cart - Back" as example.  That way you keep media if ever change mind.  

Edited by sundogak

You put me on the right track!  After playing around and checking out the files, doing refreshes, and downloading media updates (keep existing), I see how it's working.  Since you mentioned the '01', '02', etc.  I simply renamed the file with an appended zero, which is first in the ASCII sort order.  It's working now even after refresh and download updates (keep existing).  I'll have an extra image, but that's of no real consequence. So very happy with the result. 

Thanks for your help!

Yars3DWorkingNow.png

YarsRename.png

37 minutes ago, Tundro said:

You put me on the right track!  After playing around and checking out the files, doing refreshes, and downloading media updates (keep existing), I see how it's working.  Since you mentioned the '01', '02', etc.  I simply renamed the file with an appended zero, which is first in the ASCII sort order.  It's working now even after refresh and download updates (keep existing).  I'll have an extra image, but that's of no real consequence. So very happy with the result. 

Thanks for your help!

Keep in mind the appended numbering is not an order preference. It simply allows LB to use multiple images. So sometimes when you open LB it will switch to a different image. If you had "Yars Revenge-01" and "Yars Revenge-02" LB will randomly select one to use. 

The other files in the image you posted LB will not attach to the game as the file name has all that "junk" data following the game name. So you are safe with LB not randomly selecting them. 

Ok, ya I noticed the guid in the filename, not sure what caused that to show up.  Not familiar enough with the database sources yet to know if it's in the source, or if LBox is assigning it as some sort of key in the import. All my other file names do not have guids embedded, so it's a bit odd to see that there.  Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the randomness, I assumed it was a ascending sort, which apparently is incorrect.