LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch Shaders and Filters

Special T

When I load RetroArch standalone I set a content directory override for the Sega Genesis to use a specific Shader and Filter.

It works perfectly for all Sega Genesis games that I load directly from RetroArch even after closing and reopening RetroArch.

When I load a Sega Genesis game from within Launchbox the shader and filter are not applied.

I can manually apply shaders and filters after launching a game through RetroArch in Launchbox then save it as a content directory override but it doesn't actually save because every time I reload a game from Launchbox, the shader and filter are not applied.

Do I need to do something special within the RetroArch commandlines within launchbox to make it load the shaders and filters?

This sounds like it may be the feature that extracts roms for you getting in the way. If your roms are in ZIP file format and you have that feature enabled they get extracted to a temp location and so content directory would apply to that location (which changes everytime). What you could do is to go Tools > Manage > Manage Emulators and then select RetroArch and press edit. From there go to Associated Platforms and look for the Sega Genesis row. Uncheck "Extract Rom?" and then press ok to close that window and save changes.

• Thanks 1