LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding a game to Favourites

Dr_Wolfman

• 11 months later...
22 minutes ago, KRI$85 said:

Hello, is it possible to add favorites for a given system in a circle, e.g.: Wii Favorite, Psx etc. favorite or, unfortunately, there is only the option as in the photos, i.e. everything in one circle?

I'm not sure what you mean by "in a circle".  But you can create a Playlist of all your games you've marked as "Favorite" for a specific Platform.

Example for a Playlist of all your favorite Wii games.

image.thumb.png.39f670d23b1b1854c108c0ca5c3e8ef5.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoeViking245 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "in a circle".  But you can create a Playlist of all your games you've marked as "Favorite" for a specific Platform.

Example for a Playlist of all your favorite Wii games.

image.thumb.png.39f670d23b1b1854c108c0ca5c3e8ef5.png

I was happy too soon after adding, as you showed, in BB I have something like this instead of games

Problem.png

7 minutes ago, KRI$85 said:

I was happy too soon after adding, as you showed, in BB I have something like this instead of games

You probably want to go into the Parents tab and put your "Wii Favorites" playlist under one of the categories.  I presume you named it something like "Wii Favorites" and not just "Favorites".  Because I'm pretty sure that won't work.

If you select one of those Favorites showing on your BB wheel, does your 'Wii Favorites' then show up?  If so, then you'll want to change the Parents (just mentioned).

46 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

You probably want to go into the Parents tab and put your "Wii Favorites" playlist under one of the categories.  I presume you named it something like "Wii Favorites" and not just "Favorites".  Because I'm pretty sure that won't work.

If you select one of those Favorites showing on your BB wheel, does your 'Wii Favorites' then show up?  If so, then you'll want to change the Parents (just mentioned).

I did it just like in your photo.

In my photo below, if I enter unique name and Nested Favorites or favorite, it says that the name must be unique because such a name already exists.

As you can see on the left, in my list under All I have Favorite for all games in the main menu

I've tried different names but it's always the same, i.e. what's in the photo above

Unfortunately, I think I'll have to do it via auto generate child playlist and select all games and favorites, then everything works, except it's even more buried, but it turns out I have no choice 😕

PROBLEM 2.png

4 minutes ago, KRI$85 said:

In my photo below, if I enter unique name and Nested Favorites or favorite, it says that the name must be unique because such a name already exists.

The Nested Name can be whatever you want and can be the same as other playlists. 

The Unique Name can also be whatever you want but can't be the same as any other Unique Name. 

So try giving it a Unique Name of something list "My Favorites".

6 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

The Nested Name can be whatever you want and can be the same as other playlists. 

The Unique Name can also be whatever you want but can't be the same as any other Unique Name. 

So try giving it a Unique Name of something list "My Favorites".

I know this. I tried different ones and still the same

Problem.png

Ok. The "view" in your last screenshot is View Playlists.  And in that screenshot, it looks like you only have two playlists.

Not sure what the "view" is in the screenshot above it is.

Going back to an earlier screenshot (which is in the Platform Category view)...

image.png.95a08ce7edb0838feadd57d55719e321.png

It appears your 'Wii' Favorites has 2 Parents.  Root and Nintendo Wii.  If you edit the playlist and go to the Parents tab, it probably looks similar to this (with the checkboxes).  That's why it's showing in 2 places.  Un-check one or the other (probably 'Root').

image.png.bf1fe5fe63cfc2f682b585ddc6ed7835.png

22 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Ok. The "view" in your last screenshot is View Playlists.  And in that screenshot, it looks like you only have two playlists.

Not sure what the "view" is in the screenshot above it is.

Going back to an earlier screenshot (which is in the Platform Category view)...

It appears your 'Wii' Favorites has 2 Parents.  Root and Nintendo Wii.  If you edit the playlist and go to the Parents tab, it probably looks similar to this (with the checkboxes).  That's why it's showing in 2 places.  Un-check one or the other (probably 'Root').

image.png.bf1fe5fe63cfc2f682b585ddc6ed7835.png

So the 2nd photo above is the same as the 3rd one, except that I changed the view to make it clearer what is what ;)

Regarding the double view of Favorites in the list:

1.Top Favorites
so-called all games that I add to my favorites are added there 

2. This is what I write about and cause problems, i.e. My Favorites.
I entered the platform category, parents as you wrote and checked it anyway 
In 1 I only have root selected.

2. I only have Nintendo Wii selected, if I uncheck root in the main Favorites, for example, it disappears (which is logical) but the problem still occurs the same when I uncheck Nintendo Wii, so hmm

1 minute ago, KRI$85 said:

So the 2nd photo above is the same as the 3rd one, except that I changed the view to make it clearer what is what ;)

Regarding the double view of Favorites in the list:

1.Top Favorites
so-called all games that I add to my favorites are added there 

2. This is what I write about and cause problems, i.e. My Favorites.
I entered the platform category, parents as you wrote and checked it anyway 
In 1 I only have root selected.

2. I only have Nintendo Wii selected, if I uncheck root in the main Favorites, for example, it disappears (which is logical) but the problem in Wii still occurs the same when I uncheck Nintendo Wii, so hmm

Problem.png

2 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

So... is this View Platform Categories?

Yes this is platform categories.
This photo shows the image after entering the Wii platform after adding Favorites to the Console, Nintendo Wii wheels, when I remove my Favorites, Favorites, whatever you call it from this wheel, the list of games is displayed normally hmm

Edited by KRI$85