LaunchBox Community Forums

I can't download retroarch on launchbox

cargameormeo

Hi all

This is something that seems pretty widespread but im gonna go ahead and ask in the hope that at least 1 person has found a workaround. I run a windows 10pro version 22H2 machine and after 4 days of trying i still cant get Launchbox to download and install retroarch. yes i know you can install it yourself but even when i do that Launchbox still wont find retroarch even tho ive chosen it and directed launchbox to its path. Ive allowed launchbox and retroarch both through windows firewall and turned off all windows defender anti everything but still no luck. So...... i have a windows 7 32bit machine that i use to run my cnc router, i thought that would be the easy way of doing this..... install it and run it on a portable hard drive, lol it wont even install via that machine. Am i doing something wrong or is the most frustrating piece of software ive come across in 25+ years of computing.

anyhow, looking forward to replies

thnx in advance

RetroArch changed something which broke the download feature in LaunchBox. Install the LaunchBox Beta release for the fix until the next official version is released.

Go to Tools > Options > General > Updates > Update to Beta Release [check box] [OK]

Then...

Menu > Help > Check for Updates

Edited by Nintendoman

• 2 months later...