LaunchBox Community Forums

Beetle Saturn core not launching games in launchbox

NXTREADY

Been setting up my collection, and one system giving me problems is the Saturn. Games booted through yabuse core, however most were not emulated properly (VF1 physics were off, instant ringouts, VF2 had no sound). Tested the same games on Beetle through Retroarch, and all launched and ran properly. Problem is, games set to launch with the beetle core through launchbox just don't open. The big box launch screen pops, then nothing, back to game select. Is mednafen_saturn_libretro not the Retroarch Beetle core? I should have the correct bios files in the right place, as retroarch launches properly. All games are set to launch the cue file, directories are named right, kinda at a loss for words. Any help?

• 4 months later...
Just now, McCHitman said:

Did you ever get this solved? I have the same issue.

Yeah, somehow or another I had two different versions of Retroarch on my pc, one refused to launch Saturn games, and for some reason that one was binded to launch Saturn roms. Probably not what your problem is

well, I do have two apparently.

But Launchbox is pointing towards the correct one. I'll still uninstall the other one and give it a shot.
Games load fine through Yabause, but emulation isn't right. sigh

Retroarch has me so confused - nothing saves. No overlays, no shaders, It's beyond frustrating