LaunchBox Community Forums

Clear logo question

BioHazard

I am such a n00b. Dumb question: how do I manually install a clear logo for one of my playlists? Seaview59 was kind enough to create a logo in the request thread, but what do I do with it? I copied the .png file to the Launchbox\Images\Playlists\%playlistname%\clearlogo directory but it doesn't show up. Do I need to edit an .xml to point to it? I did give it the same name as the playlist name, but still no good.

You might double check that you don't have a logo at the theme specific level that is overriding it (or add logo you want here).  Playlist images specific to theme take priority are in folder structure like below (theme in this case called Unified Redux):  

...\LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Redux\Images\Playlists\Clear Logo

The logo does need to be the same exact name as the playlist.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't see a logo with the same name in the theme. However, switching the theme to another one and then switching it back made it work.

I guess the old "have you tried turning it off and then on again?" method works!. But then it is Windows, so there you are...

Edited by BioHazard

Just in case someone is reading this thread in the future, the preferred way to add images to a playlist is, in LaunchBox, right click the playlist and choose Edit. On the right side of the edit window there's an images section where you can manage the images for that playlist.

• Like 1