LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox importing MAME alternative ROMS as default...

drewjbx

I have a .256 merged set I imported, LB seems to have set most roms defaults to alternative versions. For example avspa is set as default rather than avsp (alien vs predator).

This is a big issue for me as all my bezels from bezel project are named from the standard parent rom. Not sure why LB chooses all these alternative rom names as default. 

Is there a way to automate the process of selecting the default parent name of all roms rather than go through all of them manually? This was never an issue with earlier versions of LB.

Edited by drewjbx

52 minutes ago, drewjbx said:

I have a .256 merged set I imported, LB seems to have set most roms defaults to alternative versions. For example avspa is set as default rather than avsp (alien vs predator).

This is a big issue for me as all my bezels from bezel project are named from the standard parent rom. Not sure why LB chooses all these alternative rom names as default. 

Is there a way to automate the process of selecting the default parent name of all roms rather than go through all of them manually? This was never an issue with earlier versions of LB.

The mame full set importer has a huge list of filters that you can enable/disable before import, region and player count version being the two big ones, so if you chose say North America as region and the parent rom is Japanese you wont have the "default" rom as you word it, same for player count for games like simpsons and turtles, the version of those that allows any player number to choose any character is the 2 player version, which again is not the "default" parent rom.

• Like 1

I just did a re-import.... and chose 'World' as default region, forgot what I chose previously. There is an option not to import any clones whatsoever so naturally the 'default' rom would be selected that way as well. (default rom would be the parent rom name if I'm not mistaken). As you stated the 2 and 4 player games are most common, in which I usually configure manually.