LaunchBox Community Forums

AHK script to close Dolphin emulator in a specific way

SiriusVI

Hey everyone,

I have a very niche issue that I'd like to resolve using a specific AHK command.

Short story:

I want an AHK script that first stops Dolphin's rom emulation and then waits a few seconds until the emulation is stopped before it closes the emulator entirely.

Long story:

I have an original Wii Bluetooth module converted to USB, so I'm able to use Dolphin's Bluetooth Passthrough feature. (more info here: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Bluetooth_Passthrough)

With most games, everything works fine, but with some games (such as Wii Sports USA (Rev 1)), closing the emulator before the emulation stops, causes a weird issue with the bluetooth adapter. I am in no way capable to explain why or how this happens, but the result is that I have to uninstall the bluetooth device from my device manager and then reinstall it with the Zadig software, before Dolphin accepts the BT device again.

If I however stop the emulation and then afterwards exit the emulator, everything works as expected.

Hope someone able to help. 

EDIT: It should be achievable by:

1. first removing the "-b" from the default command line parameters in the emulator settings

2. somehow telling Dolphin via AHK script to send ESC and after (say 5 sec) send ESC again.

I just don't know how to do that

Edited by SiriusVI

1 hour ago, SiriusVI said:

EDIT: It should be achievable by:

1. first removing the "-b" from the default command line parameters in the emulator settings

2. somehow telling Dolphin via AHK script to dush ESC and after (say 5 sec) press ESC again.

Test this, then confirm that's what's needed to be done.  So remove -b, launch the game and let it completely load.  Then see if [physically] pressing Escape, waiting 5 seconds, and pressing Escape actually works.

If that works, then it's simply:

$Esc::
{
   Sleep, 5000
   Send, {Esc}
   ExitApp
}

This should work if you place the above in the Running Script section of the emulator and physically press "Escape" on the keyboard.  If you're using a controller to exit the game ('stop the emulation'), that may be a different story. 

When using a controller to exit the game, LB/BB "presses Escape" (along with some other behind-the-scenes voodoo) and the Running Script (above) might catch that and do the Sleep/Escape thing.  Don't know.

1 hour ago, JoeViking245 said:

Test this, then confirm that's what's needed to be done.  So remove -b, launch the game and let it completely load.  Then see if [physically] pressing Escape, waiting 5 seconds, and pressing Escape actually works.

If that works, then it's simply:

{
   Sleep, 5000
   Send, {Esc}
   ExitApp
}

This should work if you place the above in the Running Script section of the emulator and physically press "Escape" on the keyboard.  If you're using a controller to exit the game ('stop the emulation'), that may be a different story. 

When using a controller to exit the game, LB/BB "presses Escape" (along with some other behind-the-scenes voodoo) and the Running Script (above) might catch that and do the Sleep/Escape thing.  Don't know.

Hey, thx for the suggestion.

This didn't work unfortunately. This is what happens:

When pressing ESC (on my actual keyboard), nothing happens at first. If I wait a few seconds and try to press ECS again, the emulation eventually stops, but the emulator won't close.

I've tried this AHK earlier and when I have this AHK, the emulation stops immediately if I press ESC for the first time, and if I press ESC a second time, the emulator closes:

{
    WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

So what I need is basically have this command executed twice when I press ESC.

14 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Without overthinking it...

{
   Sleep, 5000
}

That worked perfectly!

Thank you 😃

(Seriously, I have NO idea what is going on with Wii Sports and that bluetooth dongle. Every game I've tried works perfectly when just shutting down the emulator)

Edited by SiriusVI
  • Game On 1