LaunchBox Community Forums

Higher Mouse Report Rates cause 3D models to glitch/freeze when rotating with mouse

darreldearth

when using a higher report rate for the mouse such as 1000 times per second the 3d models will freeze/glitch every couple seconds when being rotated with the mouse, which im assuming shouldnt happen. When i lower the mouse report rate to 250 which is normal for non gaming mice the problem goes away. 

Edited by darreldearth

19 hours ago, C-Beats said:

This may simply be an issue with the mouse and it's driver. I have a Razer mouse and had to dump the poll rate because it'd cause most apps and games to stutter like you're describing.

thanks. i only brought it up because i hadnt noticed any problems in any games or apps outside of launchbox, but who knows you could be right since i dont have another logitech gaming mouse to experment with.

Edited by darreldearth