LaunchBox Community Forums

Looking for some VALID Modern Amiga EMU Guides

Tantrumus

Hello, I have been trying for weeks now to get a single Amiga title to function in my collection of games.   I've seen every easily found PUAE/Win-UAE video ... nothing works for me that works for all these streamers. :(

Tried Retroarch PUAE, Win-UAE etc.

Are there any guides you know of that are current that are not just for ADF files?

My set is all in WHDLoad format with <gamename>.slave etc

So if I used 1943 as an example there is a 1943.zip, inside the zip 1943.slave, 1943.info etc etc.

I tried LHA "packs" as well everything just kicks to a "black screen."

I have all the kickstart roms and in PUAR it shows all the roms however there are "!" symbols in front but it sees them all and when I was missing them I would get errors for missing Kickstart ROMS, I get no more "missing Kickstart X/y/z" messages anymore but still no games will run.

Tried running these outside launchbox in both standalone puae and win-uae no luck behaves exactly the same.

So close to calling it quits and Amiga is probably the one I want to play the most from kid days....

Just so I'm clear what file format are your titles in? WHDLoad should all be in *.lha files. The files also should have more than just the title. For example 1943's lha file should actually be labeled 1943_v1.3.lha. I admit I'm not 100% sure but was under the impression the file name has to match what the emulator is expecting it to be.

@neil9000 that's exactly how mine are thanks for that.

@C-Beats that's one I have not found thank you, will consume that.

I am wondering if my issue is still somehow kickstart related.

I bought the plus pack from Amiga Forever moved them to the system folder in retroarch, or roms folder in Win-UAE (scan found them and listed all the Amiga models) either or just black screen.

I forgot to mention I have tried this on 2 PCs (1 on Win10 with Ryzen 5950x, and other Ryzen 9 6900HX mini PC which is my main EMU box) and both do the same thing.   Could it be an underlying Ryzen issue?