LaunchBox Community Forums

Hide Platform on BigBox

kebbin

Is there a way to install a platform (ie n64) on Launchbox but have it not show on BigBox? I want to hide certain platforms on Bigbox on my arcade box like wii, n64, gamecube as they dont run well with the joystick on the arcade but still want to play them on launchbox when have my xbox controller connected.

TIA!

13 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

However, (I believe) if the [Wii] games are in a playlist, they won't 'hide'.  But if you're in Platform or Platform Category view, the [Wii] platform won't show.

Correct. It hides the platform ffrom the platform list, but doesn't hide the games. So if you're using Platform Category and those games are in a visible playlist they WOULD still show there. To have them NOT show AT ALL in Big Box you need to Hide the game and then in LaunchBox set your Show/Hide settings to show hidden games.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2023 at 3:04 PM, C-Beats said:

Correct. It hides the platform ffrom the platform list, but doesn't hide the games. So if you're using Platform Category and those games are in a visible playlist they WOULD still show there. To have them NOT show AT ALL in Big Box you need to Hide the game and then in LaunchBox set your Show/Hide settings to show hidden games.

I would like to display the platform in bigbox with games, but prevent all these games from being displayed in 'All games' and in 'Game Discovery Center', how can I do this?

In particular, I describe my problem here