LaunchBox Community Forums

I'm not able anymore to visualize the game manual

legolas119

Hi

i'm using the latest LB version 13.8, and i'm trying to visualize the games manual but if i selexct a game --> right click --> Media --> VIew Manual, it doesn't happen anything, the manual doesn't appear anymore. I remember that in th past i was able to view the games manual..i don't know why they don't work anymore now...

please can you help me?

thank you!

The first two things that pop into my head is:

• Make sure the manual still exists. Edit the game and check the manual path. Check file explore that the manual file is still there.
  • If it is, then it could be your default PDF viewer. LaunchBox just tries to open the file and it lets Windows choose what to do with it. It's essentially the equivalent of trying to open a pdf file directly. Check your Windows pdf default app setting.

thanks.

yes sure all the manuales are present, here an example: 

manuals.png

i unistalled acrobat reader and i installed it again, but even if fhe pdf files are correctly associated to Acrobat, i still continue to have the issue...

Cattura.png

If i try to open one manual from launchbox, it seems that acrobat is activated:

Cattura1.png

but any file is opened...

Even if i close Launchbox, Acrobat seems to be still running:

Cattura2.png

It is strange, it seems that when i luanch LB, every process is launched 2 times, not only Acrobat:

image.thumb.png.3ad70e4524f5aa1ee7445daf35a1231c.png

Perhaps the manuals aren't displayed as Acrobat too is launched 2 times and to the pdf file isn't opened...

Please, what i can do to fix this?

thank you very much!

Edited by legolas119

26 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

Please, what i can do to fix this?

make your PDF reader default app to be Microsoft Edge instead. I've helped another user to do this to fix the same issue for them. Hopefully it solves it for you as well

I went one step further and downloaded Adobe Acrobat and tried it out myself, thinking two people with identical issues could suggest the feature could be incompatible/buggy with that program. But everything worked just as smooth as when I open PDFs with Edge instead. So, doesn't seem like I can recreate the issue on my end.

18 hours ago, legolas119 said:

thanks, i confirm that it works with EDGE. i have the issue with Acrobat only. But i'm absolutely sure that in the past it worked with acrobat too...i don't know it the issue appeared from a specific LB version...It is really strange...

thanks!

This would more likely be caused by a change to Windows, Acrobat, or another program that adjusted your PDF file launching settings.