LaunchBox Community Forums

how can i run ps4 and ps5 games on launchbox ?

user_x36

hey first of all my Eng is bad so sorry  i have problem is there's any way to
run ps4 and ps5 games on launchbox I've seen some people playing ps4 and ps5 games on bigbox and how can i download games is there is any good website and thx.   

Edited by user_x36

LaunchBox is not an emulator, but an FrontEnd to combine Games and Emulators for easier access.

so, if you have an PS4 or PS5 Emulator and backup games yourself then we could help you on that.

but as far as I know there is no working PS4 and PS5 emulator available - PS4 makes good progress with at least one game that already starts but is far from playable. and for PS5 I am not aware that we are near to

where did you seen people? probably share the YouTube links with us.

1 hour ago, user_x36 said:

hey first of all my Eng is bad so sorry  i have problem is there's any way to
run ps4 and ps5 games on launchbox I've seen some people playing ps4 and ps5 games on bigbox and how can i download games is there is any good website and thx.   

There are a couple of legitimate PS4 emulators that are actively being developed: FPPS4 and Obliteration (this one has also been reported to eventually emulate PS5 as well).

I haven't followed either one of these very closely since they are both still so early in development that they do not run any commercial software and probably won't for at least another couple of years

If you see anything reporting they are emulating PS4 or PS5 games in the current day, its most likely bogus.

I have seen some of those HDDs you can buy preloaded with emulators and ROMs having "PS4" games on them but these are just the PC versions of those games; not emulated at all.

You can look up Mr. Sujano on YouTube and sub to his channel. He keeps up with news in the emulation scene and would most certainly report on any legitimate news for these systems.

But as Chris said, LB itself doesn't emulate anything

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw (deleted) on Instagram selling HDDs with PS5 and PS4 emulators, claiming he personally programmed them.
and I think its PC versions games as @CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT mentioned : "these are just the PC versions of those games; not emulated at all."

• Like 1

i don't trust those preloaded HDD sellers at all. honestly not even sure how they manage to get away with it so frequently being they are selling ROMs and BIOS on those drives.

just follow Mr Sujano on YouTube.  he will provide info on the two emulators i mentioned above as progress continues and when there is something of note to report on about them.