LaunchBox Community Forums

Pre Configured Controls Xinput for Teknoparrot. Pre-rlz (early alpha)

Once you launch the app, you will get a wizard that will ask you for the patch file.
(the patch files contains all files like shader fix, reshade, dgvodoo dll for upscale or any stuff like that)

12 hours ago, Nixx said:

Once you launch the app, you will get a wizard that will ask you for the patch file.
(the patch files contains all files like shader fix, reshade, dgvodoo dll for upscale or any stuff like that)

Brilliant, I’ll give it a go later 👍

Edited by Baggio

15 hours ago, Nixx said:

Hi mate, with v0.10 off github i don't get a wizard when launching.

I saw both of your links are the same was one meant to be for a newer version and the other the patches?

My bad, the program itself is here https://mega.nz/file/Mmwj2DIJ#Hh3ZgHqkWmqvMjLzCAYus0mD0bskzbbTUw-i2kzNWP0
The patch file is here : https://mega.nz/file/JyhCTTDR#H-xT6mHfDCOZit9GrW4997mITrzmMXIXM-JFH2GWVRE

I'm currently rewriting some part of the program to lock most option behind some sort of expert mode and i was noticed of some compatibility issues with 4K 250dpi. I'm working on it.

1 hour ago, Nixx said:

My bad, the program itself is here https://mega.nz/file/Mmwj2DIJ#Hh3ZgHqkWmqvMjLzCAYus0mD0bskzbbTUw-i2kzNWP0
The patch file is here : https://mega.nz/file/JyhCTTDR#H-xT6mHfDCOZit9GrW4997mITrzmMXIXM-JFH2GWVRE

I'm currently rewriting some part of the program to lock most option behind some sort of expert mode and i was noticed of some compatibility issues with 4K 250dpi. I'm working on it.

Thanks,  what you have done with the app now is a work of art with all these features you added.

Do we have some debug file?  A lot of my games won't load when I click "Play game" and I'm not sure why so can't really test this extensively. 

I'm also struggling to map the inputs for the Gun4ir.  Nothing seems to be happening when I set Gun4ir in the device, I can map the keyboard and controllers but nothing populates the boxes when I use the gun.

And just a few minor things and are just tweaks really. 

Atm we can't click finalize unless we fill in 6 - Set up your TP Online profile part.  I don't use TP online so I just entered some text in there to continue but it would be nice for a check box or dropdown just to be able to skip sections so we can continue.

Maybe an option of where to install the patches as my games are on a NAS and it was really slow installing,  whereas my Teknoparrot emulator is on a SSD on the PC so it may have been better going there.  Not a big problem as this it just for the initial install I guess.

You mentioned already about the UI and can confirm in 4K 250% the main app doesn't fit the screen.

Posted (edited)

For now, you should set your dpi as normal. The ui is totally broken with hight dpi, and that's something i'm working on. The game option is also a total mess, probably not understandable by anyone outside me, so i need to work on that too.

The big difference with the previous version is that before i handled only game binding, now i handle everything, from tp settings to game patches and fix. But i don't want to turn my stuff into a "game drive" and still give the user the ability to change everything as they want so it's kinda hard to find the balance beetween adding tons of options and have something easy to understand and to use.

As for your case, the NAS for games will be a problem, my system requiere for games and patches it to be stored on a local NTFS drive. The reason for that is that i extensivly use hardlinks.
The patch archive i bundle with all sort of extra files for each game, could be dgvodoo dll for upscale, patched exe (well to avoid copyright issue i bundle patch files that generate the exe), translations or other stuff like that. And there is also conditional folders like [!amd!] [!nvidia!] [!windowed!] [!fullscreen!]. Depending on the options, files within the patch folder will be hardlinked to the game folder and cleaned on exit. But to make an hardlink, that require both files are on the same NTFS drive.
If i went to copy instead of hardlink, it would make the harddrive work too much and complicated the cleaning process (i just check if files are hardlinked to the source so i don't need to keep a list of them), maybe i can add a way to softlink, but not sure it would work.

As for the settings i set in tp, for each game, i add in the config folder a .info.json files where i set the settings, you can actually view it on the right side when you go to game option.
Like for exemple for Persona4U

{
    "global": {
        "windowed": "General,DisplayMode,Windowed",
        "magpieClass": "Persona 4 the Ultimax ULTRA SUPLEX HOLD",
        "magpie3DGameMode": "False",
        "magpieDisableDirectFlip": "False",
        "magpieAllowScalingMaximized": "False",
        "magpieLaunchBefore": "False",
        "magpieNoMoveWindow": "False",
        "magpieNoLateFocus": "False"
    },
    "tpoptions": {
        "set_displaymode_in_tp_settings & set_displaymode_recommanded": {
            "General||DisplayMode": "Fullscreen"
        },
        "set_displaymode_in_tp_settings & set_fullscreen": {
            "General||DisplayMode": "Fullscreen"
        },
        "set_displaymode_in_tp_settings & set_windowed": {
            "General||DisplayMode": "Windowed"
        },
        "replace_network": {
            "Network||Dhcp": "0",
            "Network||Ip": "{{networkip}}",
            "Network||Mask": "{{networkmask}}",
            "Network||Gateway": "{{networkgateway}}",
            "Network||Dns1": "{{networkdns1}}"
        },
        "replace_gameid": {
            "General||Player Name for new cards (P1)": "{{customname}}"
        }
    },
    "gameoptions": {}
}

"global" set some global variable, like how i know the game is windowed (here if in tp option General, DisplayMode is set to WIndowed), i have some settings related to magpie so it auto detect the game window and turn it fullscreen if we launch as windowed.
"tpoptions" are the actual change in the tp settings, like if the replace_network options is checked, it will change your network info
"gameoptions" overwride your game options, like for exemple force checking the option to run riva tuner to keep the framerate to 60fps.

Edited by Nixx

2 hours ago, Nixx said:

For now, you should set your dpi as normal. The ui is totally broken with hight dpi, and that's something i'm working on. The game option is also a total mess, probably not understandable by anyone outside me, so i need to work on that too.

The big difference with the previous version is that before i handled only game binding, now i handle everything, from tp settings to game patches and fix. But i don't want to turn my stuff into a "game drive" and still give the user the ability to change everything as they want so it's kinda hard to find the balance beetween adding tons of options and have something easy to understand and to use.

As for your case, the NAS for games will be a problem, my system requiere for games and patches it to be stored on a local NTFS drive. The reason for that is that i extensivly use hardlinks.
The patch archive i bundle with all sort of extra files for each game, could be dgvodoo dll for upscale, patched exe (well to avoid copyright issue i bundle patch files that generate the exe), translations or other stuff like that. And there is also conditional folders like [!amd!] [!nvidia!] [!windowed!] [!fullscreen!]. Depending on the options, files within the patch folder will be hardlinked to the game folder and cleaned on exit. But to make an hardlink, that require both files are on the same NTFS drive.
If i went to copy instead of hardlink, it would make the harddrive work too much and complicated the cleaning process (i just check if files are hardlinked to the source so i don't need to keep a list of them), maybe i can add a way to softlink, but not sure it would work.

As for the settings i set in tp, for each game, i add in the config folder a .info.json files where i set the settings, you can actually view it on the right side when you go to game option.
Like for exemple for Persona4U

"global" set some global variable, like how i know the game is windowed (here if in tp option General, DisplayMode is set to WIndowed), i have some settings related to magpie so it auto detect the game window and turn it fullscreen if we launch as windowed.
"tpoptions" are the actual change in the tp settings, like if the replace_network options is checked, it will change your network info
"gameoptions" overwride your game options, like for exemple force checking the option to run riva tuner to keep the framerate to 60fps.

Thanks for the explanation.

For now is there any way to turn off all the patch, dgvoodo features etc that are hardlinked so I can just test out the controller functions?

From the gui, on the quick option, you have something called Link files, you can set it to "Don't link anything", not really tested though. (Also, if not using the linked files, i recommand to force the display mode to Windowed)

11 minutes ago, Nixx said:

From the gui, on the quick option, you have something called Link files, you can set it to "Don't link anything", not really tested though. (Also, if not using the linked files, i recommand to force the display mode to Windowed)

I'm not sure it is taking effect as i get this error

Screenshot(667).thumb.png.bf33eef4b527184e27bc105fef73ade1.png

Ah, sorry, i was also trying to fix the issue with 4K 250dpi rewriting the main ui to make it resizable, the quick option that disapear seems to be an unexpected side effect.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need these. I have all the configured game controller xml files. I send it to my friend who wants it and it works for him too. It is possible to fit them all in just one zip file. Gun games are set to mouse and joypad.  If everyone shares their solid controller xml, the problem will be solved.

56 minutes ago, Retrogamer4423 said:

You don't need these. I have all the configured game controller xml files. I send it to my friend who wants it and it works for him too. It is possible to fit them all in just one zip file. Gun games are set to mouse and joypad.  If everyone shares their solid controller xml, the problem will be solved.

The feature list goes way beyond that, no disrespect, but it's like comparing an abacus to a full fledged calculator.
I totally get that some extra features are not useful for some user (and that's why the advanced options allow to customize, enable/disable everything), but my app goes way further than a bunch of xml files

- Does not replace your TP settings, does not mess with your game files, you can still use teknoparot with your own settings/bindings the app does nothing to them.
- More robust than xml files to TP updates, it's not bulletproof, but since it take the default xml as base and replace just some part in it, it's more stable than just an xml overwrite that would quickly be outdated.
- Include for all games, all the patches, fix, shaders, resolutions hacks, english translation, crosshairs, reshade, ffb and apply them without leaving extra files on your game folder, allowing you to keep them clean. Allow to export/import those in archive file on game basis so it could be shared within the community.
- Auto assign network settings, define APM3ID once in the app configuration and auto assign it.
- Every settings can be enabled / Disabled, there is options files where you can define tp options according to custom behavior on game basis (like inverse y axis if a gamepad is used, or change wheel sensitivity according to your device type)
- Image with the controls for each game and controller type
- Auto assign the controller type according of the device plugged (like if you unplug your wheel, it will use controller)
- Differentiate gamepad and arcade stick and use different bindings for those.
- Assign keyboard keys for Test/Service in xinput mode
- Allow to change monitor resolution/frequency, enable/disable some monitor or make them primary on a game basis
- Allow to use shifter, and make them work on some TP games that don't have shifter support
- Auto assign ffb device (like if you unplug you wheel and use your xinput gamepad, your gamepad will be auto used as ffb device with rumble on)
- Auto launch magpie (kinda like borderless gaming, but much better) when launching a game in windowed mode and auto configure it so it auto catch the game window
- Auto launch demulshooter, without uac prompt and internally manage recoil output -from demulshooter, without using mamehooker- for gun4ir, sinden, wiimote (with lichtknare), or controller (other type of gun can fallback to mamehooker)
- Crosshair selection with a library of crosshair
- Auto apply white border when using sinden lightgun, put the game inside the border
- Auto adjust lightgun aim in 4/3 game or if the TP aim need some slight adjustements
- Multiple bind on game key, allowing to bind an action to multiple buttons (like reload on both pedal and a button on your gun for exemple)
- Install games from scaning directory, install games from archives.

And that's just on top of my head, i probably forgot a bunch of features.
Now, if none of that is useful for you, sure you should just use xml files and i can even give you a tip, since my project is open source, you can actually generate them for nearly all games using my files here : https://github.com/nixxou/TeknoparrotAutoXinput/tree/main/config

• 5 weeks later...

I'm liking where this is going its pretty cool.

couple of queries if i may?

How can we use this app to run when using launchbox now on the alpha as it launches a gui - is there a Command Line?

Can it auto add the white sinden border to games too as it uses reshade?

9 minutes ago, ruffmeister said:

How can we use this app to run when using launchbox now on the alpha as it launches a gui - is there a Command Line?

Yes, you just have to pass the Userprofile xml file as argument.

9 minutes ago, ruffmeister said:

Can it auto add the white sinden border to games too as it uses reshade?

Yes