LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME import needs to be changed

Mark Norville

Hi,

As a new user I done the import full set of roms and allowed LB to do all the settings etc etc for MAME 0.261 

A massive mistake on my part, the games would be stuttery as hell both in audio and also game play.

I stripped out all of the command line that LB uses and now it works perfectly.

Someone needs to look at this and change the import process, my PC is not the best but it is not the worse either

i7-3770k 16 gigs of ram, gtx 4070 graphics card.

MAME should run out of the box, and not be as flawed as it is during a LB import.

Regards

Mark

That import process if you have LB set up Mame has been in place for well over a year and we really have not had many users report issues. I suspect maybe one of the command lines might be in conflict with something on your pc like an out of date video driver or Windows update. Heck we have even seen Corsair keyboard software cause LB/Mame conflicts. 

-waitvsync could have been the issue with your pc. 

Could also be a difference in your monitor's refresh rate. 

I would ay try adding that command line back in an see if it brings the issue back. If we can narrow down what might be causing issues with your build it would be helpful if a change is needed. 

I went ahead and tested a new import on my test pc having LB set-up mame and .261 keeping the stock command lines and no issues. 

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply, I have rescraped MAME so that it put back the settings to how they were. I did not know any other way of doing it, but 

-artwork_crop -skip_gameinfo -waitvsync -nofilter -keyboardprovider dinput -rompath %romlocation%

Is back in settings.

My test rom is 10 Yard Fight and the play back and audio is back to being stuttery so time to remove -waitvsync

You deserve a gold star, with the -waitvsync removed the game plays as normal.

Regards

Mark

• Like 1

Glad you are sorted. As much as we would love for LB to "just work" out of the box for everyone there will always be some outliers due to the huge parity difference in Windows pc builds. Those command lines are the most common ones used that can get a majority of our average users up an running with little fuss.