LaunchBox Community Forums

Resident Evil 4 (2023) won't match with correct version on Database

SiriusVI

55 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Add (2023) to the title, then search

image.png.09e6461663bbd7d4823cb6f8a60a72f8.png

It doesn't work. For some reason it just shows the old version in the drop done menu. But this seems to be a bug. i cantyple literally ANYTHING (like Super Mario Wolrd )in the text bar and will only show the old RE 4 game.

Any idea what's causing this?

EDIT:

See?

image.thumb.png.b1344f8ce945b96f43f7779a81c13da6.png

image.thumb.png.b4b25789f99d517d221bc18ad6a1cb55.png

EDIT 2:

Just tried this with another game and here I get this error:
image.thumb.png.d7e93abe727e6cb010887a2df0a386c2.png

Something is definitely off here. Everything works fine with games that were not imported through Steam.

image.thumb.png.e4b3ec5e079fe4b914f6802a085b0dac.png

Edited by SiriusVI

I found a workaround. You must remove the application path that points to the steam game here:

image.thumb.png.487d96af02870b203f482a3fa251276f.png

With this removed, Launchbox is able to search the game database properly. This is definitely a bug though.

So the steps for the workaround are:

1. Remove the steam application path
2. Match the game to the correct database
3. Press OK to save the changes
4. Download Metadata and Media for the game
5. Add the steam application path back in

Edited by SiriusVI
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SiriusVI said:

It doesn't work. For some reason it just shows the old version in the drop done menu. But this seems to be a bug. i cantyple literally ANYTHING (like Super Mario Wolrd )in the text bar and will only show the old RE 4 game.

Any idea what's causing this?

When I did my test, the Platform was "Windows". Similar to your last Edit-Game Metadata screenshot.

So another workaround might could be, temporarily change the Platform to 'Windows' (or variant), link the ID, then change it back.

2 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

When I did my test, the Platform was "Windows". Similar to your last Edit-Game Metadata screenshot.

So another workaround might could be, temporarily change the Platform to 'Windows' (or variant), link the ID, then change it back.

Hey man, no the platform was not "Windows" but actually "Windows Games", which is also notr a standard platform, just like Steam games or GOG games. I made these custom platforms to give each launcher it's own platform and then have "Windows Games" as a platform for games that have no launcher. Everything is nested inside a category called "Windows"-

I'm not sure your suggestion would work, I haven't tested thism yet. However, there are a few points that speak against this working:

1. Why would my strange workaround work with Steam games if the platform name were to blame?

2. With my custom GOG Games platform everything works as intended and / maybe because it does not have anything in the application path box.