LaunchBox Community Forums

Launching Bigbox With Button Instead of Mouse

johnnydlux

I'd like to launch Bigbox by pressing a button on my arcade panel.  I know I could have it launch at startup, but I would rather it not do that.  I'd just like to not need the keyboard/mouse as much when playing the arcade.   I have an ultimarc ultimate io board in the cabinet if that matters.

If you have a button on your panel assigned to a mouse left-click, use the trackball to move the cursor and double-tap the button over your BigBox shortcut on the desktop.  My panel has 3 buttons for mouse clicks, but don't think that's very common.

If you don't have a dedicated mouse left-click button on the cab, you could assign a shift function to one of the existing buttons for left-click.  This might be the cleanest way and might actually be useful, in general.

Pretty sure you can't assign a macro to button presses on encoders. 

An alternative 'macro' would be to create an AutoHotkey script that will start when you turn on the cab (launch at startup).  The script can be made to detect a certain button press or button-combo press and start BigBox.  What's in the script will depend on how your board is configured.  Keyboard or Xinput mode.  And of course, which button(-combo) you want to dedicate to starting BB.