LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Not Displaying All Installed Libretro Cores?

ThrobbingRosco

I downloaded every core from Retroarch, but a majority of them don't show up in Launchboxes drop down menu under "Emulators" to assign the libretro core to a certain emulator. What could be causing this? I reached out to customer support and they told me to post my question here. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

16 minutes ago, ThrobbingRosco said:

I downloaded every core from Retroarch, but a majority of them don't show up in Launchboxes drop down menu under "Emulators" to assign the libretro core to a certain emulator. What could be causing this? I reached out to customer support and they told me to post my question here. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Can you show a pic of what you mean. Maybe it is a misunderstanding of what you are saying, but you do not assign cores to an emulator. You set Retroarch as the emulator and then in the "Associated Platforms" tab for Retroarch you list the platform name and select the core there. 

I installed every core including, let's say  Beetle Saturn for Sega Saturn. When I go to associated platforms and do the drop down box to assign it to the Sega Saturn Retroarch, it's not in my drop down box. Nor are a majority of downloaded/installed cores.

17062879194596455585054267334976.jpg

17062879463192635972658706109372.jpg

2 minutes ago, ThrobbingRosco said:

Okay, I was able to find that core. But it doesn't run any Saturn games. Just looks like its loading, then stops. Shouldn't it be called Beetle if that's the core name?

it's going to be called what the core's file name is....the file name you see in Windows Explorer. what you see in Retroarch's core download menu are like, nicknames (for a lack of a better term to use here). you can get yourself familiar with the file name by finding the cores in your \Retroarch\cores folder

what you see in the drop down menu in LaunchBox is the actual core's file name. hence why you need to know what it is as they don't all necessarily match up exactly with their "nickname" displayed in Retroarch's core download menu like what Retro808 is pointing out.