LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Pre-Purchase Questions

2dguy

Once I get Launchbox configured the way I want, will Bigbox use all of those settings & data to work it's magic?

One of my favorite ways to view both platforms and games is a "game carousel". Retrobat has a few themes like this, are there similar themes available for BigBox?

Can you recommend a YouTube video that shows some of the more popular themes for BigBox? Thx.

Once I purchase BigBox, will I still be using LaunchBox to load and configure games or does BigBox have all that included as well?

2 hours ago, 2dguy said:

Once I get Launchbox configured the way I want, will Bigbox use all of those settings & data to work it's magic?

Yes.

2 hours ago, 2dguy said:

Once I purchase BigBox, will I still be using LaunchBox to load and configure games or does BigBox have all that included as well?

Yes.

Launchbox is the management side but can also be used as a launcher.
BigBox is the controller driven side that is designed to be used on a TV or a cabinet with a controller.

8 hours ago, 2dguy said:

One of my favorite ways to view both platforms and games is a "game carousel". Retrobat has a few themes like this, are there similar themes available for BigBox?

RetroBat last I knew doesn't have it's own interface and uses EmulationStation to display your games. I'd have to see what you're view you're referring to to be able to tell you if we have a theme that matches that style.

8 hours ago, 2dguy said:

Can you recommend a YouTube video that shows some of the more popular themes for BigBox? Thx.

The Year in Review video on our YouTube channel displays a lot of the new themes the year brought. You can also browse the download section here on the forums to see what all is available.