LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox skipping games for an unknown reason (to me)?

DaveC1964

19 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Your rom files have a bad naming structure.

Screenshot2024-02-11224656.png.c337837bc1970d56b3054f89bb806de5.png

Why would LB skip the one file but import the others?  Those others with "bad names" show up.  I thought LB was just supposed to import everything in the directory.  If not there should be an option to.  I have had LB skip a bunch of C-64 games because I suppose they weren't recognized.  For example the c-64 game Alleykat will not import no matter what because it must think it is a bad name but in fact is a real game.  There needs to be a way to import these otherwise the whole point of LB which is to launch games is rather limited to only what it recognizes.

Also how do I know the right names that LB wants?  I am not sure how to go about renaming everything.

Then I get this below importing BIOS files as games.  It ignores games but imports BIOS files?  It seems LB is a bit wonky.

image.thumb.png.ee1af7cb8f19e87f117525f286cd736b.png

Edited by DaveC1964

4 minutes ago, DaveC1964 said:

Why would LB skip the one file but import the others?

LB uses a "fuzzy match" system, it picked up the others because it had the games number in its file name, Sonic on its own is just too generic and was probably imported under another Sonic game as an additional app thinking it was a duplicate game.

6 minutes ago, DaveC1964 said:

Also how do I know the right names that LB wants?

We always recommend people use No-Intro rom sets for cart based systems and Redump for CD/DVD based systems. Those sets have very good naming schemes that have the games full title in the file name while putting extra details in brackets which LB will ignore in the scraping process.

7 minutes ago, DaveC1964 said:

It ignores games but imports BIOS files?  It seems LB is a bit wonky.

Like I said above, it probably put Sonic in with another game so it imported and didn't ignore it. It imported bios because you told LB to import them. LB itself doesn't know what files are games or not games.

Is there a way to have LB give some kind of stats of games imported vs files in the directory, then maybe naming the ones skipped so I could troubleshoot those?  As it is now it does an import and I have no idea what is missing until I go to play it.

Hi maybe im having the same issue too,Which is my PS2 games went missing suddenly,I have 32 PS2 games in total but in LB it shows only 18?Why is this..?Don't know what happen becasue last 2 days ago all games is displayed,But now i noticed that it wont show in my list.

2024-02-12 15_43_50-LaunchBox.png

Edited by Zayd47