LaunchBox Community Forums

eXoDOS - German language pack

nersd

On 2/19/2024 at 2:24 PM, nersd said:

I got the german language pack.

It requires the version 6.02+ of eXoDOS but the actual verson on www.retro-exo.com is 6.0. So the setup cancels.

Have anyone an idea to solve the problem?

You must update eXoDOS after downloading & installing from www.retro-exo.com.

On www.retro-exo.com is 6.0 the newest version (full and lite both are 6.0). I installed it an then whith LaunchBox I can only reinstall. I find there no updating option. For updating I need a downloaded higher version but I cannot find any.

Could you explain, where I find a newer version?

4 minutes ago, nersd said:

On www.retro-exo.com is 6.0 the newest version (full and lite both are 6.0). I installed it an then whith LaunchBox I can only reinstall. I find there no updating option. For updating I need a downloaded higher version but I cannot find any.

Could you explain, where I find a newer version?

After installing the base version, there should be an "update" folder with a .bat file. You must update your existing insallation using this .bat file.

There is an "updates" Folder, but inside there is only a LaunchBox-setup file. Nothing to update eXoDos. And this file do not update eXoDos.

If a newer version than 6.0 still exists, why is nowhere a downloadable file of it?

33 minutes ago, nersd said:

There is an "updates" Folder, but inside there is only a LaunchBox-setup file. Nothing to update eXoDos. And this file do not update eXoDos.

If a newer version than 6.0 still exists, why is nowhere a downloadable file of it?

At eXo's Discord site (under News and Status dated 1/10/24) there is a revised update batch files that goes in the .\eXo\Update\ folder which updates to work with language packs (and also updates to 6.02)

Edited by sundogak
  • Like 1