LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with solution to LB crashing when highlighting game

Mainiack

When i click on Mario Golf Super Rush In Nintendo Switch Platform to show game details Launchbox keeps crashing. i'm on version 12.7 premium. It happened everytime this game was selected. I reinstalled 12.7 hoping that would fix it but continue to get the same error. If anyone has a solution i would be grateful. Thanks

Snip1.PNG

Snip2.PNG

not sure what to make of the errors, but in my experience, those symptoms (highlight a game and then get an error and crash) have meant a corrupted media file exists for that game.

if that is the case you simply need to delete that file, or files, that are messed up. with LB closed, try renaming the \LaunchBox\Images folder to "Images1" for example. LB will no longer load any images. you can change the name back after this troubleshooting step. if you can then highlight the game without error/crashing, that would indicate that is the issue and you need to hunt down the offending file(s)

As @skizzosjt suggested this appears to be an issue reading one of your image files. If you notice in your screenshot there is one that is all black, which generally means it failed to fill in the pixels from file. I'd review the files you have for that game. Easiest would just be to delete them and re-grab media (assuming the game in question is in the DB)

• Like 1