LaunchBox Community Forums

What is wrong with the metadata search?

Strange error messages, Trying to search metadata for nes files (With correct name friom the database), So why the hell is it only showing Microsoft X box version of the games (NES version is not showing)

Prompted to download metadata package (also tried to force update), But if i do, It will come up with a error message (Look at my other post) And then Launchbox just closes.

Have tried the backup restore option, I have checked my firewall and protection history in both Defender and Malwarebytes (Nothing there) BTW the Launchbox folder is already excluded anyway.

Have tried to install launchbox on top of my old install (It worked searching for metadata 3 times), And now it have reverted to error messages again.

BTW : Why have this forum become so unresponsive, Have all the moderators left?

I'm not trying to be rude, But i actually do have paid for lifetime premium membership, And membership of emumovies.

42 minutes ago, ModerateNOOB said:

Trying to search metadata for nes files (With correct name friom the database), So why the heck is it only showing Microsoft X box version of the games (NES version is not showing)

Is your platform set to scrape as Nintendo Entertainment System?  In the left pane, right-click on your NES Platform and select Edit.  Make sure Scrape As is properly set.

46 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Is your platform set to scrape as Nintendo Entertainment System?  In the left pane, right-click on your NES Platform and select Edit.  Make sure Scrape As is properly set.

Hi JoeViking245

This is so weird, It is already set for Nintendo Entertainment System.

I wouldnt call myself a complete expert, But i am prettty experienced with Launchbox (used it for years and knows most if it's features now). I kid you not, When i say there must be a connection problem to the database (and yes! it's allowed through my firewall).

Just for fun i reimported 3 NES games, And all 3 is now missing the Metadata (Media is fine). Also just for fun i tried to reimport 3 ps1 games, Scraping is set for sony playstation, All 3 is also missing metadata now.

Ok! Guess what metadata is available for Crash bandicoot?. Correct name is just Crash bandicoot, But the metadata search in launchbox finds (Crash bandicoot for Android/IOS/Microsoft XBox/Microsoft XBox One) No playstation version.

Sorry for my ramblings, Well at least i can play the games LOL