LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended way to specify platform media/medium (casette, cartridge, floppy, cd) under one platform?

dsync89

Hey there, I'm currently importing various MAME/MESS system that might have different media/medium for a system, e.g. Atari 800 that has cartridge, floppy disk, and casette. Is there any recommended way to create only a single platform but easier way to group by Media? Reason being the emulator command differ depending on the media, especially when using MAME emulator, using -cart for cartridge, -flop1 for floppy, etc. Wish LB has a native field called Media or Medium for us to sort. Also thinking of using Version field but it's best reserved for its original purpose.

Initially I was thinking to use a Custom Field: Media, then generate auto playlist based on the filter. Unfortunately the auto playlist field didn't support custom field.

Another approach is to create separate platform for it, such as Atari 800 (CS), Atari 800 (CT) and Atari 800 (FD). But doing is is convoluted and make BigBox navigation more cumbersome.

Wish to see how you guys did it!

18 hours ago, dsync89 said:

Initially I was thinking to use a Custom Field: Media, then generate auto playlist based on the filter. Unfortunately the auto playlist field didn't support custom field.

Auto-Playlist does support custom fields. The field name will show in the list once you have a game with the value set. It shows just as the field name though not "Custom Field: Field Name" like it does in the Bulk Edit wizard.