LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.12 Released!

faeran

2 hours ago, Corgan said:

That's what I'm trying to figure out.  But I know this: yesterday it worked fine and today it doesn't after the upgrade and the controller is not working well WITHIN the Bigbox interface.  So I've not ruled out the LB upgrade yet.  Seems awfully coincidental.

I have not fixed the problem, but the good news is that it does NOT appear to be a LB problem.  It appears to only be a problem with WIRELESS controllers on my PC.  Luckily I had some wired controllers to test and those work fine within LB and within my emulators.  The strange thing is that it was wireless controllers that I have been using recently to play, so I'm still not sure what changed with those. But I'll refrain from posting about this again on this thread unless it turns out to be LB related.

Edit: well my wireless controllers work fine in every game/application except for BB and the emulators.

Edit 2: my theory is that controller inputs are being registered both as controller inputs and keyboard strokes which explains the erratic behavior within BB/emulators that seem to be doing two things with one button press.

Edit 3: I think I've resolved it.  The culprit was the Steam client controller configuration for default Desktop Layout.  I don't know what changed but Steam was registering "desktop mode" button hits when I was using my controller within LB/BB/emulators.  I don't know why it only affected wireless Xbox controllers, but oh well.  So as an example to help anyone else, the 'B' button on my Xbox controller is mapped to "Spacebar" in the Steam Desktop Layout.  And "spacebar" is mapped to Fast Forward in the Retroarch emulator.  So hitting 'B' would cause the normal in-game action as well as set the emulator into FF mode.

Edited by Corgan

I switched from 13.5 to 13.12 and I have to say I am very disappointed, the new theme is really bad. I love the simple old Default Theme, which is no longer available, only as Old Default (Legacy) for which you need a license. Please let us use the Legacy Theme without a license. I am now switching back to 13.5. and will not install any more updates in the future. A very very disappointed fan :( of the first hour.

BRING BACK THE "Old Default (Legacy)" THEME

• 2 weeks later...

Automatic ROM imports keeps screwing with my Wii U and Sega Saturn libraries with nonsense files it seems to think are games. It's a nice feature/idea in theory but it needs work. To add insult to injury deleting said files without disabling Automatic ROM Imports means those deleted files will be re-imported upon the next launch of Launchbox. I'm disabling the feature entirely until the kinks are worked out-- it's currently not fit for purpose. 

1 hour ago, ClapTraps007 said:

Automatic ROM imports keeps screwing with my Wii U and Sega Saturn libraries with nonsense files it seems to think are games. It's a nice feature/idea in theory but it needs work. To add insult to injury deleting said files without disabling Automatic ROM Imports means those deleted files will be re-imported upon the next launch of Launchbox. I'm disabling the feature entirely until the kinks are worked out-- it's currently not fit for purpose. 

This would indicate that you may have a configuration mishap going on with those game folders, or the folder's themselves have something different going on than expected.

Either way, can you Edit both platforms go into the Folders tab and let us know what the Game Folder it's monitoring, then can you take a screenshot of those folders and post them?