LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.12 Released!

faeran

Version 13.12 - Released March 11, 2024

Full Changelog: https://www.launchbox-app.com/about/changelog

• New Feature: LaunchBox can now automatically import ROM files that are placed inside of a platform folder located in LaunchBox\Games. To enable it for existing LaunchBox installations, go to Tools > Options > General > Automated Imports
  • New Feature: LaunchBox will now actively monitor your platform Game folder (found in the Edit Platform window) and import any new ROM files it finds automatically while the program is open and during startup. To enable it for existing LaunchBox installations, go to Tools > Options > General > Automated Imports
  • New Feature: LaunchBox and Big Box's search has now been upgraded. It will now search by title (and alternate title) by default, with advanced options to search for other types of metadata.
  • Improvement: A dynamic list for Games with Achievements has been added to the Games Discovery Center
  • Improvement: The MAME Arcade Full Set Wizard file requirement has been reduced to accommodate HBMAME full sets
  • Improvement: Support for PICO-8 game files has been added into our import processes
  • Improvement: Clear Logos and Icons have been added for the following platforms: PICO-8, Microsoft Series X/S, VTech V.Smile
  • Improvement: RAHasher has been updated to version 1.7
  • Improvement: The Scan for Added ROMs tool will now import new versions of games you already have in your library
  • Improvement: Added logic to improve the ability to import SNES MSU-1 ROMs
  • Improvement: The included version of CefSharp/Chromium has been updated to version 119.4.30.0
  • Fixed: Issue where Image Types weren't downloaded when removed from all Image Groups and the Media Limit option was enabled.
  • Fixed: Java error encountered by some users during Epic Games login.
  • Like 5
  • Game On 1

New Feature: LaunchBox can now automatically import ROM files that are placed inside of a platform folder located in LaunchBox\Games. To enable it for existing LaunchBox installations, go to Tools > Options > General > Automated Imports

Doesn't work on my end. Followed the instructions and tried different roms from Colecovision. Mine are in Launchbox\Games\ColecoVision.

Edit: I think it's because I use MAME as my emulator for this system. When I import console games for MAME I have to trick LB and import using another emulator. Then I go back and change the emulator back to MAME.

Nope that;s not the problem either. Tried a NES games and the emulator is RA cores.

Edited by Joe35car

I ran into an issue for a very specific use that I doubt many people will encounter but I thought I'd let you now. I installed a second instance of Launchbox on my pc and added fake placeholder rom files in C:/Users/User2/Launchbox/Games. For some reason the automatic importer would look for and import games in C:/Users/User/Documents/More Games but not the Games folder within Launchbox. I'm not sure what's going on since it worked just fine for my main Launchbox install (C:/Users/User/Launchbox/Games)

I used another method to get the data I was looking for instead so it's not a problem I have anymore.

Yeah, thanks for screwing up my entire Launchbox setup again!  It's bad enough that 'every' upgrade completely slows down  the program while I'm trying to use it, but this version is the worse.

I never asked for automatic importing of my existing games but you code monkeys sought to put it in anyway w/o telling anyone...and don't say I should have checked the new features dialog because it crashed before it even came up fully.  I had to go through the changelog just to turn off a feature that I never asked to have in the first place.

How do you expect people to even use the frontend if they have to constantly do alpha testing?  This is ridiculous!  You think that after paying a lifetime Premium price that the damn program should at least be reliable and stable.

Excuse me for making my first post here come off as angry but I never had to complain about the quality of LaunchBox until today.

I love the automatic import feature. Although it would be nice to be able to turn it off for certain platforms. I have some files that aren't roms, for instance, in the apple2gs and virtual pinball folders, that it is picking up as roms and they most certainly are not. Otherwise, pretty nifty.

20 hours ago, MrMaddog said:

Yeah, thanks for screwing up my entire Launchbox setup again!  It's bad enough that 'every' upgrade completely slows down  the program while I'm trying to use it, but this version is the worse.

I never asked for automatic importing of my existing games but you code monkeys sought to put it in anyway w/o telling anyone...and don't say I should have checked the new features dialog because it crashed before it even came up fully.  I had to go through the changelog just to turn off a feature that I never asked to have in the first place.

How do you expect people to even use the frontend if they have to constantly do alpha testing?  This is ridiculous!  You think that after paying a lifetime Premium price that the damn program should at least be reliable and stable.

Excuse me for making my first post here come off as angry but I never had to complain about the quality of LaunchBox until today.

Weird I have NONE of these issues! Never had an issue when upgrading to any new version.

Does the automatic import support subfolders? I keep most of my PS1 games in subfolders within my D:/ROMs/PS1 folder (D:\ROMs\PS1\Final Fantasy VII\Final Fantasy VII.m3u) so that I can have multi discs and m3u files all organized neatly. If this only supports one folder deep then I don't see it being that useful for me personally.

How do I stop launchbox from installing this version, it makes my launchbox crash, I have gone back to version 13.11 but it keeps installing the latest version 13.12. Also I don't like the idea of auto importing games I like to do it manually.

Edited by jayrox

1 hour ago, jayrox said:

How do I stop launchbox from installing this version, it makes my launchbox crash, I have gone back to version 13.11 but it keeps installing the latest version 13.12. Also I don't like the idea of auto importing games I like to do it manually.

In your updates setting in LB Tools turn off updates. 

12 minutes ago, Hektormaru said:

I lost all my roms and settings in this last update... The system order, playlists... everything!

How did you do the update?

The update itself would not mess with any roms or platform data. 

33 minutes ago, The_Keeper86 said:

Is there a way to turn off the auto import feature? I have some non rom files in some of my folders that automatically get imported now.

Yes, same place you go to turn it on. 

On 3/11/2024 at 5:01 PM, faeran said:

New Feature: LaunchBox can now automatically import ROM files that are placed inside of a platform folder located in LaunchBox\Games. To enable it for existing LaunchBox installations, go to Tools > Options > General > Automated Imports

•  

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2024 at 9:49 PM, Retro808 said:

How did you do the update?

The update itself would not mess with any roms or platform data. 

I did the update through the program itself. I literally didn't lose the roms (files). But all the playlists etc. I lost. It only pulled Windows and DOS games. Not even the automatic identification of this update found the roms, which are still in their appropriate folders. There are SNES, NES, Genesis and others...

image.thumb.png.abe54f49dadeffa566e44326ea06544b.png

This update messed up my ability to play with controllers.  Inside games the buttons are all jacked up.  Hitting the Start button now takes my N64 games out of fullscreen.  Hitting the 'A' button now make my NES games fast-forward!  Simply trying to scroll up and down in BigBox now scrolls so fast even when I'm simply pressing the down/up on the D-pad for an instant.  What happened?  How do I fix this?  I don't know why I do this to myself. I should never install an update, rookie mistake.

1 hour ago, Corgan said:

This update messed up my ability to play with controllers.  Inside games the buttons are all jacked up.  Hitting the Start button now takes my N64 games out of fullscreen.  Hitting the 'A' button now make my NES games fast-forward!  Simply trying to scroll up and down in BigBox now scrolls so fast even when I'm simply pressing the down/up on the D-pad for an instant.  What happened?  How do I fix this?  I don't know why I do this to myself. I should never install an update, rookie mistake.

Launchbox has nothing to do with your controls in emulators.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Launchbox has nothing to do with your controls in emulators.

That's what I'm trying to figure out.  But I know this: yesterday it worked fine and today it doesn't after the upgrade and the controller is not working well WITHIN the Bigbox interface.  So I've not ruled out the LB upgrade yet.  Seems awfully coincidental.