LaunchBox Community Forums

Searching for Game titles broken with Steam/Windows

drw4013

On version 13.12, but this happened on at least 13.11 as well.  I can no longer search for any game titles for Windows

No change to my Steam platform - still scraping for Windows:

image.thumb.png.20f3e6a4b9cc0429821b26e54cc82e36.png

Game exists in LB database under Windows platform:

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/394001-dragons-dogma-2

Exact title - not found

image.thumb.png.8629173ccf4383af55c4906d68b52680.png

Less, which should at the very least bring up the previous game that's been out for ages:

image.thumb.png.e14d2aaf240583a87b558e6806fde4b0.png

Same thing with another steam game:

image.thumb.png.2950911d18c9530bec3e2b47e7395c80.png

Other platforms still work, so it looks like it's just Windows scraping?

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm they are actually able to search the LB database for PC games scraping as Windows?

Also, changing the Title and then hitting "Search for Metadata" doesn't add anything tot he Log file?  Not sure how I can troubleshoot this...

If a game has a Steam ID the only search that ever happens is for a DB record with that same Steam ID which I believe is causing what you are seeing. You can do the following to get around this and manually match your game to a DB record.

Open the Edit Game Window
Go to the Launching Tab
Cut (CTRL+X) the application path value
Go to the Metadata page
Search for Metadata (changing the title if required)
Select the DB record you want to match to
Return to the Launching Tab
Paste (CTRL+V) the application path back into that field
Press OK to save the changes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2024 at 7:22 AM, C-Beats said:

If a game has a Steam ID the only search that ever happens is for a DB record with that same Steam ID which I believe is causing what you are seeing.

Could you elaborate on this a bit...this is a recent LB issue, not just an issue for me, correct?  I can't see what would be causing this on my side...

9 hours ago, drw4013 said:

Could you elaborate on this a bit...this is a recent LB issue, not just an issue for me, correct?  I can't see what would be causing this on my side...

if the Steam game doesn't have it's Steam ID associated in the LaunchBox Database it's not going to successfully find that game. hence the workaround of temporarily removing the association it is a Steam game via removing the Steam specific launching URL

issue is with the program, not the user

games that have the Steam ID associated have an icon/button in their database webpage, for ex...

image.thumb.png.8c86db64fbeef9bb4c93e4ebfcef3b62.png

it will also be on the search thumbnails too...

image.png.d6de7c028926eaed81cfb26b333cd944.png

so not seeing this present for a game like Dragon's Dogma 2 (or Cocoon). it then means it has this issue and requires the workaround.

On 4/21/2024 at 12:16 AM, drw4013 said:

Could you elaborate on this a bit...this is a recent LB issue, not just an issue for me, correct?

Yeah, this is a feature that was put in a while ago to help ensure Steam games match up correctly to the appropriate DB record.