LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Premium: old license doesn't work

Hi there,

I bought a license back in 2018 and was keen to give Launchbox a go again.
It says in the email that came with the license that "Your license will work forever, but updates to LaunchBox Premium will no longer be available for you after Wednesday, May 29, 2019. "

So I wanted to go Premium with that license but Launchbox says it's invalid or expired ?

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, AzzKickr said:

Hi there,

I bought a license back in 2018 and was keen to give Launchbox a go again.
It says in the email that came with the license that "Your license will work forever, but updates to LaunchBox Premium will no longer be available for you after Wednesday, May 29, 2019. "

So I wanted to go Premium with that license but Launchbox says it's invalid or expired ?

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Can email support@unbrokensoftware.com and have them confirm, but that email reads that you bought a year license. The license works forever with any version of LaunchBox that was released before May 29, 2019 (a year from purchase date). If you want it to work on a new copy you will need to purchase a new license.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue, except I'm almost certain that I purchased the premium license some years back. At the top right it says I'm using the free version, though I'm pretty sure it just recently updated so I'm not sure if there even is an issue besides the fact that it says free version. Did I lose my premium license somehow?

5 hours ago, CloudIX said:

I'm having a similar issue, except I'm almost certain that I purchased the premium license some years back. At the top right it says I'm using the free version, though I'm pretty sure it just recently updated so I'm not sure if there even is an issue besides the fact that it says free version. Did I lose my premium license somehow?

Look inside the root folder where the LB executable is and if you do not see a license.xml file then that is the issue. You can always email support to get a copy if you cannot locate it. 

https://www.launchbox-app.com/premium/lost-license