LaunchBox Community Forums

bannerbox - have two blades that wont update

hi all,

not sure if this is the right place to post about banner box theme issue i am having.

i have two platforms that no matter what i do, i cant update the blade.  i have put the correct image in the LB/images/platforms/nec pc engine CD/banner folder and within LB, the image shows in the right hand side info window.  but when i go into BB, the image that is showing is for the turbografx cd.  same thing is happening for my wiiware platform, the wii banner is showing, even though the wiiware banner is in the folder.

and yes, within BB, I have refreshed the cache, each individual section and even all images.  this isn't user error (i dont thnk) in that i have updated a bunch of banners and they all are showing correctly.

you can see in the image "folder", the path to the image and the image itself is of the pc engine CD.

in the "LB" image, you can see pc engine cd selected to the left and all the way to the right, you can see the correct pc engine cd image.

but the banner in BB is of the turbo CD...

this one is driving me nuts guys!

folder.png

LB.png

Posted (edited)

just to report back, i tried it all, renamed the image to the platform name, that wasn't it (and I have plenty of images in the "Banner" folder for a platform with crazy names and they show fine)

i tried refreshing ALL the image caches, nothing.

i then found a "cache-BB" folder and in that folder was the bad image on the wrong platform.  so i copied the correct image from the correct folder, put it into this cache folder, renamed it to what the cache name was and bingo!

no idea what was happening here but it just hated that image...

EDIT:  Good Lord this is weird.  my above workaround worked, until i refreshed the cache images and then it reverted back to the wrong image, EVEN THOUGH the correct image was in the platform/banner folder.  so i did my work around again and for those two images, i changed the file properties to "read only" and now the image is sticking.

Edited by d8thstar
update to issue

On 4/12/2024 at 11:33 AM, d8thstar said:

just to report back, i tried it all, renamed the image to the platform name, that wasn't it (and I have plenty of images in the "Banner" folder for a platform with crazy names and they show fine)

i tried refreshing ALL the image caches, nothing.

i then found a "cache-BB" folder and in that folder was the bad image on the wrong platform.  so i copied the correct image from the correct folder, put it into this cache folder, renamed it to what the cache name was and bingo!

no idea what was happening here but it just hated that image...

EDIT:  Good Lord this is weird.  my above workaround worked, until i refreshed the cache images and then it reverted back to the wrong image, EVEN THOUGH the correct image was in the platform/banner folder.  so i did my work around again and for those two images, i changed the file properties to "read only" and now the image is sticking.

That is wild.  I've never had to do that much before lol.