LaunchBox Community Forums

Automatic Game Imports request/question

Pretty happy with the automatic ROM imports as it allows me to speed up creation of a curated game list (games I'm actually playing).

I found two problems while using it:

• I don't have an Arcade folder in ./Games (Would like to import some FB Neo ones)
  • I would like to select which media I'd like to auto-import (Hi-res gameplay videos from Emumovies and 5 other images from LunchboxDB)

Also, I tried creating folder "./Games/Final Burn Neo" and ended up crashing Launchbox.

Thanks for any tips and for the amazing frontend my dudes!

2 hours ago, TheCrowMask said:

Pretty happy with the automatic ROM imports as it allows me to speed up creation of a curated game list (games I'm actually playing).

I found two problems while using it:

• I don't have an Arcade folder in ./Games (Would like to import some FB Neo ones)
  • I would like to select which media I'd like to auto-import (Hi-res gameplay videos from Emumovies and 5 other images from LunchboxDB)

Also, I tried creating folder "./Games/Final Burn Neo" and ended up crashing Launchbox.

Thanks for any tips and for the amazing frontend my dudes!

You can try Tools - Import - ROMs.  On the 2nd screen click Add Folder.  Select the folder containing you FB Neo set. When Asked for a Platform, type in "Final Burn Neo" and also select your emulator accordingly.  Follow the prompts from there which will include 'copy the files into the LaunchBox/Games folder' and also letting you check which media you want added.

Another option is... in Windows Explorer, select all the ROMs and then drag them onto the LaunchBox window (that you have open).  That will start the import wizard as well [skipping the 2nd screen mentioned above].

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TheCrowMask said:

I would like to select which media I'd like to auto-import (Hi-res gameplay videos from Emumovies and 5 other images from LunchboxDB)

You can always run Tools > Download > Update Metadata and Media

That will allow you to download any extra media for your entire library, or just for the games you select before running the tool.

• Thanks 1