LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I import the thumbnails?

xenogears

Hi, I'm a newbie. After installing LaunchBox, I successfully imported all FB Neo roms, but didn't check downloading the thumbnails, because they are already in the previews and titles folder. However, the thumbnails don't show up in LaunchBox. In this case, how do I import them?

12 minutes ago, xenogears said:

Hi, I'm a newbie. After installing LaunchBox, I successfully imported all FB Neo roms, but didn't check downloading the thumbnails, because they are already in the previews and titles folder. However, the thumbnails don't show up in LaunchBox. In this case, how do I import them?

What are you referring to when you say "thumbnails"?

10 minutes ago, xenogears said:

I mean, artworks.

If you didn't download artwork during the initial import, you can run the Update Metadata and Media wizard by going to:

Tools > Download > Update Metadata and Media

If you don't have any games selected when you open that up, it will download for all games, or you can select a specific subset of games and then run that tool.

17 hours ago, faeran said:

If you didn't download artwork during the initial import, you can run the Update Metadata and Media wizard by going to:

Tools > Download > Update Metadata and Media

If you don't have any games selected when you open that up, it will download for all games, or you can select a specific subset of games and then run that tool.

Well, as I mentioned, I don't wanna download them, because I already have them.

If the image files are named after the rom you can just drop them in the correct image type folder inside the LB images folders and LB should be able to attach them to the games. You may need to do an image cache refresh (select all the games and hit F5). 

If not, you can try and zip them all up and use the Import Image Pack option in LB tools. LB will try and match them as best it can to the games. 

Look in your \Images folder and you will see how LB files images. Each platform has its own folder and within each platform are image type folders. Each image type goes in its specific folder and the image is named after the game.