LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Error possibly tied to images

I have been getting this error over the last couple of days and it's driving me crazy. 

I have my PC games separated into different platforms Epic, Steam, GOG, etc. with one of those being labeled as "PC" which is used to store fan games and it only has 36 games in that section currently.

The error only pops up when I'm in the "PC" platform section. It seems to be related to the box art images since the error no longer happens when I temporarily delete the box art folder. I tried to add the images back one at a time to figure out if there was a specific image that is causing the issue but after some testing it seems like it's not tied to a specific image. If I add some images in it will work, then if I close and open LaunchBox the error will sporadically come back.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

error.png

Edited by Special T

With LaunchBox closed can you go to \\LaunchBox\Images\ and delete the Cache-LB folder then restart LaunchBox and see if that corrects. I know that is a call we've had issues with in the past and have added code to help with several times over the last few releases. May be worthwhile to grab the latest beta as I believe that one has a few more that may correct this for you.

Thank you for the suggestion. 

I closed LaunchBox and deleted the Cache-LB folder then reopened launchbox. It allowed me to scroll to the bottom of the "PC" platform then when I tried to scroll back to the top of my game list it froze.

I then updated to the latest beta build and deleted the Cache-LB folder but the same thing happened, I could scroll down but it froze when I scrolled back to the top of the screen.

Luckily LaunchBox still works if I delete the box art so I can do that for now but if you have any other suggestions I can try, please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks again for responding. I wanted to provide an update.

Looking at the PC section without box art is depressing so I tried to switch the default display image to screenshots however the same issue happened. I also tried logos and that resulted in the same error as well. Any other thoughts on what I can do to try to resolve the issue?