LaunchBox Community Forums

Hide overseas games? (Am flooded with Mahjong titles).

PedgeJameson
Go to solution Solved by skizzosjt,

IF you're referring to MAME I believe they all have the genre of "Tabletop / Mahjong". You could filter by that and then delete them all. You could do the same just searching for the string "mahjong" and deleting the search results.

• Game On 1

Yeah, best bet is to just search for the term and delete what shows up. Another good word to search for is "shanghai". There is a series of mahjong games by that name that spans several consoles. Would be another way to narrow it down.

• Game On 1

• Solution
8 hours ago, PedgeJameson said:

I forget, they don't delete from the drive, correct?

I have taken a vacation from LB recently, so I was unsure.

that's correct they don't delete off your drive, at least not by default. you can check Tools > Options in the very first General tab is a checkbox "Allow deleting ROMs when deleting games" to see if that is enabled/disabled

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I get what you mean about being flooded with Mahjong titles. It can be overwhelming when a game you're not interested in keeps popping up in your collection. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any specific filters for hiding overseas games, but you might want to check the settings or options menu in your gaming platform or app to see if there's a way to customize your game library.When I'm looking to unwind or clear my mind, I often turn to my favorite spider solitaire game. It's a great way to relax and organize my thoughts.

Edited by Jowaratymo

If you want to delete the actual files, I would just delete them from windows first. Just go to the rom folder and search for say (Japan) or some use (jp) and delete everything that comes up. Then you can just use the launch box function in the menu scan/delete no found roms (or whatever it says, don't have LB started right now lol) It will then prompt you to delete from LB any game where the rom isn't found. You can also just search for mahjong if you just want all mahjong games removed.