LaunchBox Community Forums

Cps3 Street fighter 3 issue

Hey guys anyone know why this keeps failing? I had a older version of mame and I upgraded like 2 months ago to v 0.264 mame. Now when I try to play cps3 Street fighter or a couple other ones from cps. I get this error when trying to rewrite the game. Any info would be greatly appreciated.  

PXL_20240614_021729976_MP.thumb.jpg.60f010e99275a636ba09d53d7e17fa26.jpg

8 minutes ago, Truest1 said:

Hey guys anyone know why this keeps failing? I had a older version of mame and I upgraded like 2 months ago to v 0.264 mame. Now when I try to play cps3 Street fighter or a couple other ones from cps. I get this error when trying to rewrite the game. Any info would be greatly appreciated.  

PXL_20240614_021729976_MP.thumb.jpg.60f010e99275a636ba09d53d7e17fa26.jpg

Thats not a error, its normal behavior, let it do its thing (it only needs doing once and you can use the fast forward in mame to make it faster),

Yes that picture is not the error. But it gives an error like after 30 perfect or so. And does not let me play the game. I will try the fast forward tonight when I get home. Thank you for the tip. 

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

could be a corrupt CHD assuming you have the CHD and you dont get a error about missing files at launch?

Yes I have them no error on that. Here is the picture of the error. This is on my laptop same issue. PXL_20240614_153716798_MP.thumb.jpg.935621b367fd9922b6fb1373a8d9cce6.jpg

Does the error still occur if you go back to your previous version of MAME?

Your original non-error screenshot looked like it was creating the nvram.

There is no avoiding the NVRAM initialization process. In order to use any game that is not labeled as NO CD, the game must be allowed to create a complete and valid NVRAM file. This process takes nearly an hour and only needs to be done once. Once a proper NVRAM is created, the game will start quickly.

May try deleting the existing nvram file and let it initialize (create a new one) again.

1 hour ago, JoeViking245 said:

Does the error still occur if you go back to your previous version of MAME?

Your original non-error screenshot looked like it was creating the nvram.

May try deleting the existing nvram file and let it initialize (create a new one) again.

Ok I just tried that and same outcome, still error. Maybe I can try to find the chd again for this particular game. 

24 minutes ago, Truest1 said:

Ok I just tried that and same outcome, still error. Maybe I can try to find the chd again for this particular game. 

Ya, if it's not running in your old version of MAME OR a newer one, it's probably as Neil said...  corrupt CHD.

17 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Ya, if it's not running in your old version of MAME OR a newer one, it's probably as Neil said...  corrupt CHD.

Ok it was the chd. I download the chd for the newer 0.266 I couldn't find chd for 0.264. But it worked. Thank you for your help. I can download what ever other game does not work same way. Thank you guys again. 

• Game On 1