LaunchBox Community Forums

Luigi's Mansion 2 HD (Nintendo Switch)

went to add it to my library over the weekend and it was not there. I set my entry up but didn't feel like going through the trouble with DB submission, I assumed someone else would take the task on.

it's def not coming up in any database search still. it doesn't exist in the LB database as far as I can tell.

assuming you had everything correct for the submission, then the folks rejecting it need to quit that and instead approve it.

Posted (edited)

There were about 10 submissions for that game, so I guess that's the reason they got rejected, maybe assuming that people are adding multiple duplicates.

Edited by Jakatsu

1 hour ago, skizzosjt said:

went to add it to my library over the weekend and it was not there. I set my entry up but didn't feel like going through the trouble with DB submission, I assumed someone else would take the task on.

it's def not coming up in any database search still. it doesn't exist in the LB database as far as I can tell.

assuming you had everything correct for the submission, then the folks rejecting it need to quit that and instead approve it.

Yes, everything was correct. That's why I was surprised it got rejected. I have almost 3k submissions and this was the first time my submission got rejected and for an absurd reason because I can't find the game anywhere in the database.

55 minutes ago, Jakatsu said:

There were about 10 submissions for that game, so I guess that's the reason they got rejected, maybe assuming that people are adding multiple duplicates.

And how do you know there are multiple submissions? And my submission was sent the same day the game was released, so I find it very unlikely. 

Posted (edited)

Most efficient way to avoid this, when you try to add a missing game, would be to see if the same game is being processed for approval on top of the games that have already been approved/are on the database. Otherwise it probably can't be avoided (unless the submitter first moderates the queue until the end to see there is no same entry already in the pipe).

My guess is that none of the entries have been approved and there is no entry for Luigi 2 HD until someone tries again - but it might end in the same result 😅

Edited by kurzih

33 minutes ago, kurzih said:

Most efficient way to avoid this, when you try to add a missing game, would be to see if the same game is being processed for approval on top of the games that have already been approved/are on the database. Otherwise it probably can't be avoided (unless the submitter first moderates the queue until the end to see there is no same entry already in the pipe).

My guess is that none of the entries have been approved and there is no entry for Luigi 2 HD until someone tries again - but it might end in the same result 😅

How you can check which games are in the pipeline pending for approval? I just can see a random game each time in the moderation tab.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Omegasis said:

How you can check which games are in the pipeline pending for approval? I just can see a random game each time in the moderation tab.

Well, if you finish your moderation queue you will then know if the entry (in this case Luigi 2) has been submitted for moderation or not. But as I said, the best/fastest way would be to see pending entries while adding new games.

Edited by kurzih