LaunchBox Community Forums

"Would you like to move or copy the files" not showing anymore

Hi, since some time this window is not shown automatically anymore when importing games, whatever platform. 

After the "What emulator would you like to use" hitting NEXT takes me straight away to the window "Would you like to download metadata for your games". 

There I have to hit the BACK button, and only then it takes me to the "Would you like to move or copy the files". 

If I just continue, it automatically choses the option to use the files in their current location. 

I did not change anything in my LB setup, using the latest version. 

Thanks for advice. 

5 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

Hi, since some time this window is not shown automatically anymore when importing games, whatever platform. 

After the "What emulator would you like to use" hitting NEXT takes me straight away to the window "Would you like to download metadata for your games". 

There I have to hit the BACK button, and only then it takes me to the "Would you like to move or copy the files". 

If I just continue, it automatically choses the option to use the files in their current location. 

I did not change anything in my LB setup, using the latest version. 

Thanks for advice. 

That should have been resolved in the 16.15-beta-1 release.

"Fixed: The ROM import wizard once again prompts users to confirm whether they want to move or copy the ROMs to their designated game folder"

If you are on the beta release and it's still an issue, may want to post on the 13.15 beta thread.

This wizard screen doesn't make any sense to me.

If I want to have my roms in the Launchbox games folder I copy them directly there before importing them.

I think that no user wants to have their roms duplicated in several folders and everyone puts the roms in the game folder on their computer that they like the most.

I understand that this can be useful when you want to import roms from a USB device, but I still always prefer to put the roms in the folder that I decide, not in the Launchbox games folder.

This problem of this screen disappearing in the latest stable version of Launchbox has also happened to me and I have been grateful for it, honestly. I thought it was an improvement, but now I see that it is a simple mistake.