LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroAchievements API temporarily down!

As many of you have discovered, RetroAchievement login/functionality is currently down within LaunchBox. This is because RetroAchievements had to take the public API down for a few a bit to help relieve the strain of increased traffic caused by their Dolphin launch. You can still earn achievements from your emulators, we just can't use their API to see it and adjust your library accordingly until this has been brought back up. We are in contact with their team and will update you as we are updated. Once the API is up again you may want to manually scan for achievements to update the library so that any playlists/badges update accordingly. Will give more instructions on how to do so once we know the API has returned. Both the LaunchBox and RetroAchievements want to thank you for your patience in the matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• C-Beats changed the title to RetroAchievements API temporarily down!

A new version of our Dolphin plugin has been uploaded. This version helps with identifying if you have a newer version or not. It also now has logic to make sure we are grabbing at LEAST version 2407-68. This is because this version (or newer) is required by RetroAchievements. Anything older will soon be blacklisted. This is required to get the public API back up and running. If you are using Dolphin and intend to use RetroAchievements PLEASE grab the new plugin version and update your Dolphin install.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, davemk said:

Working again, seems like Gamecube games in a .RVZ format do not show retroachievements in Launchbox, I assume something to do with the API? 

Outlined here: 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the reply, C-Beats. I would like to ask about something slightly related to this. I read that the RAHasher was updated to include DVD CHD files for PSP, but both PSP and PS2 DVD CHD files dont show achievements on LB for me. Achievements trigger correctly on the emulator itself, but only my CD PS2 games show up on LB. Is this an issue on my part?

48 minutes ago, davemk said:

Ditto, also PSP CHD?

The RAHasher version we have should be able to do these already. That being said it requires you build the CHD in a very specific fashion in order to work as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1