LaunchBox Community Forums

The Great Game Gauntlet 👑 DAY 1

AstroBob

The Great Game Gauntlet: Round 1  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your vote for the game you’d like to see advance to the next round!

• Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
    • Castlevania Advance Collection
    • Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection
    • Contra Anniversary Collection
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection

While there are already some compilations that put together various old classics in one package (the ever-growing Atari collections come to mind) I'd like to see a special package that takes this kind-a-museum-like approach and focusses on the time of the 199 and 299 ranges of software distributors like Mastertronic, Firebird or Codemasters. Only the best games, shown in their best versions throughout the competeting computer systems of their time with background information, maybe some graphically enhanced versions and such.

Okay, I'm absolutely aware that this will never happen due to copyright problems and no longer existent companies but you can always dream, couldn't you? 🙂.

There have been so many games that have left a mark on me over 44 years of playing, Wonder Boy Arcade, 1943, Bubble Bobble, Sonic,… and the most recent ones, that it is difficult to choose one in particular. 

They have all been worth it. 

Greetings

Han sido muchos los juegos que han dejado huella en mí a lo largo de 44 años jugando, Wonder Boy Arcade, 1943, Bubble Bobble, Sonic,… y los más actuales, que resulta difícil elegir uno en concreto. 

Todos han valido la pena. 

Saludos 

Breath of Fire Collection. Capcom has ignored the series for long enough. 
I don't expect a new game in the series as Capcom development moved very far from jrpgs, but a collection is very overdue. 
Would also love if that GOG Classic Resident Evil Bundle got ported to other places 

Parasite Eve 1+2
Same as above, Squenix has given false hopes regarding the franchise for a while with small collabs and trademarks, a collection/remaster for modern platforms (and PC) would be very welcomed. 

Edit: Almost forgot. Has been waiting for a Castlevania DS Collection since the Advance Collection hit stores. But that one seems more unlikely as Konami would have to put actual work into it to account for the dual screen and touch mechanics.

Breath of Fire (video game) - WikipediaBreath of Fire II - WikipediaBreath Of Fire III ROM - PSP Download - Emulator GamesBreath of Fire IV - Wikipedia
Not big on Dragon Quarter myself, but it should be part of the collection, same with 3rd Birthday 
Parasite Eve (video game) - WikipediaParasite Eve II - Wikipedia

Edited by MacReady0088
  • Like 1

I would like a Twisted Metal collection.  It would be great id they would have additional cars/characters to choose and addition maps/levels or even a map/level editor where users can build their own. And add multiplayer online play.

Twisted Metal 

Twisted Metal 2

Twisted Metal III

Twisted Metal 4

Twisted Metal Black

Twisted Metal Head-On

• Like 1

Tetris Collection would be fun.

Pokemon Collection - I do not play Pokemon much but see it as a good collection opportunity given the vast library. Possibly do a Handheld Collection and a Console Collection. Plenty of Series type could be done as well. Snap Collection, Rumble Collection, Stadium Collection.  A good way for Nintendo to milk buyers for more money. 😜

• Like 1

Bring back the Tomba series! It's a fun romp, and would benefit so much from modern QoL improvements. Just getting some detail written into the quest log alone would do so much for coming back to the game after a weekend away.

Just for the sake of getting Ghost Squad Evolution available for a hole console-PC, I would like Ghost Squad. The Wii port was so good, need that and the sequel on steam!

That and Silent Scope series (also really well done on the Wii). 

Last but not least would be Virtua Fighter - the entire series has not been available on PC, aside from in-game in one of the Yakuza titles. 

I wouldn't mind seeing a collection put together with the Dragon Quest series. With the same facelift and QOL features the recent Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster had.

I think there have been a couple little collections put out but why not do them all and put a little love into it.

1 hour ago, aeran said:

Bring back the Tomba series! It's a fun romp, and would benefit so much from modern QoL improvements. Just getting some detail written into the quest log alone would do so much for coming back to the game after a weekend away.

Tomba 1 got a re-release earlier this month, not sure if there are plans for 2, but it would have been nice if they had already packed both together 

26 minutes ago, JereBear said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a collection put together with the Dragon Quest series. With the same facelift and QOL features the recent Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster had.

I think there have been a couple little collections put out but why not do them all and put a little love into it.

Man, idk, I don't think the Pixel Remasters are an improvement over the originals personally. I'm thankful for finally having V available on PC, but FF6 lost so much of its drab appeal to me with the remaster art. Plus it has none of the bonus content added with other releases, which is a shame 

I am more excited about the treatment they are going to give to DQ 1, 2 and 3. And wish they had done that with FF 1-6

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MacReady0088 said:

I am more excited about the treatment they are going to give to DQ 1, 2 and 3. And wish they had done that with FF 1-6

Oh nice! I didn't know they were doing a remake of those. thanks for letting me know!

Edited by JereBear
  • Like 1