LaunchBox Community Forums

The Great Game Gauntlet đź‘‘ DAY 1

AstroBob

The Great Game Gauntlet: Round 1  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your vote for the game you’d like to see advance to the next round!

• Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
    • Castlevania Advance Collection
    • Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection
    • Contra Anniversary Collection
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection

A Toy Story video games collection, including the SNES first movie game with remasters (or remakes) of the PS1 Toy Story 2 and Toy Story Racer games, and of course the best one Toy Story 3 (PS2/PSP and PS3/X360 versions).

I would agree that there are some AMAZING collection ideas here that I would love to see put together!  Metroid & Zelda collections would be must haves for me!  And I would 1000% be on board with a Soul Calibur (including Soul Blade/Edge) collection! 

For my own submission, I would suggest an actual Konami Beat 'Em Up Collection

Bucky_O'Hare_arcade_poster.jpg

Violent_Storm.png

X-Men_game_flyer.png

Vendetta_flyer.png

MetamorphicForce_arcadeflyer.png

Gaiapolis_arcade_flyer.jpg

Asterix_arcade_flyer.png

Crime_Fighters.png

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_(1989_arcade_game).jpg

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles-_Turtles_in_Time_(flyer).jpg

6-1-222935-52.jpg

Shao-Lins_Road_arcade_flyer.png

• Game On 1

Probably King's Field I to IV. Fromsoftware changed the landscape of action games forever, so a collection of the "precursors" of the soulsborne games would be a dream for fans like me. Some QoL additions such as support for modern controls and widescreen resolutions would be extremely welcome for sure and if it somehow included bonus stuff like concept art or info on cut content I wouldn't be able to ask for anything more. A day-one purchase. 

• Game On 1

I'm an old school gamer.  One of my favourite series was the Hero's Quest (damn you Milton Bradley!!) Quest for Glory series by Sierra.  Choosing your hero's class, setting their stats, and then all of the puzzle solving and ridiculous gags that Sierra was the absolute master of.  And carrying your character through the entire series.  And because parody is awesome Heroine's Quest should be tossed in as well.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I think the F.E.A.R. games (including all expansions) definitely needs some sort of collection in the future. F.E.A.R. 1 was the first game to ever scare the crap out of me lol. Playing the trilogy again but with revamped graphics and a bit of tweaking of the controls/animations would be really amazing!

fear.jpg

• Game On 1

This was already mentioned but I'd like to see the Phantasy Star series rereleased and possibly more new entries in a similar style to Phantasy Star IV anything after that I wasn't really a big fan off I really enjoyed the Genesis entries.

I dropped so many quarters into the 80's animated games. I both hated and loved that you had to work out the proper actions and timing to get the protagonist to advance. And I loved the cut scenes.

- Dragon's Lair

- Space Ace

- Cliffhanger (so many quarters in this one... so many...)

I think it'd be great to see those redone so I could finally kill that dragon in Dragon's Lair!

I would love to see the Carmageddon saga revived. For those of us who started out in the world of PC gaming, it was a significant part of our childhood, with a concept that’s hard to find in games these days.

OIP.jpg

I'd have to agree with some earlier submissions - a Metroid Collection would be pretty awesome...

But I guess a Super Mario Collection would be truly epic.

Maybe a Side Scroller collection including Bad Dudes, SoR, TMNT, Simpsons, and Final Fights!

So many good collections already taken that'd I'd go buy immediately.

Another is the Wing Commander series and all of their spinoffs. Would be even better if they could go back to the originals and updated them for the new era (and even add some FMVs!)

220px-WingCommanderBox-front.jpg220px-Privateer_2_cover.jpg220px-Wing_Commander_IV_-_The_Price_of_Freedom_Coverart.png

Would love to see the classic series of Golden Axe and Double Dragon revisited for the 21st Century.

I have such fond memories of them in the arcade, as some of the first story beat-ups that caught my attention (after Kung-Fu Master anyway!)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thank you everyone for some amazing suggestions! Day 1 of the gauntlet is now complete and the winning game is

🧛 CASTLEVANIA ADVANCE COLLECTION 🧛

This one snuck in right at the last minute, but GBA fans rejoice, this will be one of the games with Steam keys up for grabs at the end of the event.

Day 2 of the Great Game Gauntlet is now open, shifting from game series collections to company collections

- While yesterday’s question focused on game series, don’t worry if you submitted a company collection idea there—you’re welcome to re-use it for Day 2!
- Also, don’t worry if someone already picked the company you wanted to highlight. Go ahead and post it again—tell us why you chose it, or expand on the ideas.

Looking forward to seeing your submissions for Day 2