LaunchBox Community Forums

UltraMap UGC Files (9200+) 1.0.0

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Here is a list of UGC files I created with a script I wrote to parse the MAME 0.195 XML file and scrape out the controls information.

There over 9200 UGC files. You may not have all the games, but since they are tiny files, they don't take up much space. Or just delete what you don't want. For those anal people. :D

Here is the contents of the ReadMe.txt file that is included.

You will need to rename your .um files like so...

Default                         New
2-Way, Left & Right.um  -->     2-way-horizontal.um
2-Way, Left & Right.um  -->     2-way-vertical.um
8-way.um                -->     No Change    
4-way.um                -->     No Change
Analog.um               -->     No Change

Or use the included files.

For whatever reason, the MAME XML for diagonal games does not state that they use diagonal,
therefore these files are not included. You will need to create them manually for games like Q-Bert.

I did not test or open every single file, so there may or may not be any issues.
If you open a game and the mapping is incorrect, open the <rom name>.ugc file in notepad
to see what it is pointing to. If incorrect, just update and save.

Source code is available here for the utility I created to parse and create these files.
https://github.com/KrunchMuffin/UGC-Creator

There is no warranty implied or expressed with these files or their use.
You use at your own peril. (though doubtful anything bad can happen)

dbinott

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@dbinott,  Can I add my other platform profiles to this thread?  Would love to have a place for others to get profiles for other systems.  This is awesome!  I know this must have taken you a serious amount of time.

Hi @dbinott and thanks for this!
I'm no doubt being stupid, but from what I understand you would need to call these before running a game using something like "C:/program files/ultramap/ultramap.exe myconfig.ugc".
I assume that there's a way to automate the calling of these from LB prior to running the rom rather than some manual per game setup?
I'm just not sure how to do this so any advice would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, martinconroy said:

I'm no doubt being stupid, but from what I understand you would need to call these before running a game using something like "C:/program files/ultramap/ultramap.exe myconfig.ugc".
I assume that there's a way to automate the calling of these from LB prior to running the rom rather than some manual per game setup?

I was likely using RocketLauncher at the time. Easiest way. Don't think LB or BB have a way.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, martinconroy said:

In addition to what @dbinott said Rocketlauncher would be one method to use as you could just drop the ugc files in . You could also do it with LaunchBox as well using the additional app feature but you would have to do it individual by game. Another option and the one I am using now is to use LEDBLINKY. You do not have to use leds to use the program as they have a (no leds) mode which you could use to send ultrastik maps to the joysticks. LedBlinky uses .um files to send maps to the joysticks instead of .ugc files and you do not have to have a separate .um file named after every single rom as the program reads the mame.xml, and the controls.ini file to determine if a 4 way,8 way and etc. map needs to be sent to the stick. There is a few roms like Qbert and Tron however that you might need to make a custom map .um file for but the vast majority are covered.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kmoney said:

In addition to what @dbinott said Rocketlauncher would be one method to use as you could just drop the ugc files in . You could also do it with LaunchBox as well using the additional app feature but you would have to do it individual by game. Another option and the one I am using now is to use LEDBLINKY. You do not have to use leds to use the program as they have a (no leds) mode which you could use to send ultrastik maps to the joysticks. LedBlinky uses .um files to send maps to the joysticks instead of .ugc files and you do not have to have a separate .um file named after every single rom as the program reads the mame.xml, and the controls.ini file to determine if a 4 way,8 way and etc. map needs to be sent to the stick. There is a few roms like Qbert and Tron however that you might need to make a custom map .um file for but the vast majority are covered.

Thanks to you both @dbinott and @kmoney for the quick responses. I have LedBlinky too but have focussed on setting up buttons for consoles using RocketBlinky so I'll switch my focus to using that with MAME now. Thank you!!

revisiting the post.  My stock Joysticks broke and I returned to the 360s now that I understand them a bit better than before.  I was able to hardwire them into my minipac and leave them plugged in via usb to get the maps working.  I know I can load the map via LB by doing a "run before application", but can you run this via LedBlinky and have it do the map load?