LaunchBox Community Forums

CoinOP 3.01

(2 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

As per version 3.0 this theme is now rebuilt from the ground up for performance and optimization.

The theme showcases an arcade cabinet in an 80s style arcade with a dynamic marquee that can pull from a number of fallback images on a per-game basis, making sure there's always something displayed in the marquee.

Make sure you right click the zip file, choose properties, and unblock the file.

image.png.9636917a83ceaf9cda1ca8b16bd48ac5.png

What's New in Version 3.01   See changelog

Released

• Changes to the Big Box Override settings file to help with video playback

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

GreaT work faeran ! Really ! Say me it is possible to integrate just in arcade? or so once it is installed it is on all the supports?

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

3 hours ago, PaDeMoNiuM said:

GreaT work faeran ! Really ! Say me it is possible to integrate just in arcade? or so once it is installed it is on all the supports?

BigBox has the ability to use different themes for different platforms/playlists. So, yes, this is completely possible.

@faeranThanks for more information, I may say a bit nonsense but I looked for a version 16: 9 is she still in the works?

It makes me think a lot about the old theme of skainlurmis that I had  started adapted for hyperspin to a difference I had been so far especially at the level of the marquee it's beautiful, and memories! :)

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

This is almost exactly what I am looking for.. But, is there a way to make it fit my 4:3 screen?  I get borders on top and bottom.

5 hours ago, tjara03 said:

This is almost exactly what I am looking for.. But, is there a way to make it fit my 4:3 screen?  I get borders on top and bottom.

Hi @tjara03. This is a 16:9 version of an already made 4:3 theme. Find the 4:3 version here.

Hello, is it possible to have additional "GameGraphics" downloadable directly with Lauchbox?

image.thumb.png.262db945f4a0cb4a944679da1e4ee3fc.png

Or an idea of how I could have lots of Game Graphics in an easy way? Thx

Edited by Denys06

On 8/5/2022 at 12:23 AM, Denys06 said:

Hello, is it possible to have additional "GameGraphics" downloadable directly with Lauchbox?

image.thumb.png.262db945f4a0cb4a944679da1e4ee3fc.png

Or an idea of how I could have lots of Game Graphics in an easy way? Thx

There's not really an easy way to do this, you'd have to find the graphic and then name it accordingly.

You can look up these RetroTastic packs and see if they have game graphics. If they do, they should be transferable into this theme.

Thank you for these exceptional quality resources.

However I don't think I could properly use them on the "Coinops" theme because it seems to me to be different in organization than Retrotastic. And I don't use the Retrotastic theme because I want a modern "style" theme. Thank you anyway for your sharing.

6 minutes ago, Denys06 said:

Thank you for these exceptional quality resources.

However I don't think I could properly use them on the "Coinops" theme because it seems to me to be different in organization than Retrotastic. And I don't use the Retrotastic theme because I want a modern "style" theme. Thank you anyway for your sharing.

Yeah, it really depends on whether they added character artwork. RetroTastic has both background and character artwork capabilities, but it's possible they only added background artwork to their packs.

Just tested the Theme on my low end Laptop and I haven't had a smoother experience with any Theme. Even the default Theme. Very nice and clean experience

6 hours ago, smallmetalgryphon said:

I absolutely love this theme, but I cannot get videos to play. They're working correctly in other themes. Anything I could check into that might be causing this?

On 9/5/2023 at 8:34 AM, JoeViking245 said:

I wasn't able to recreate the issue with this setting, but I made some changes to the theme's override settings to hopefully help with people that do, and released it as version 3.01

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, faeran said:

I made some changes to the theme's override settings to hopefully help with people that do, and released it as version 3.01

I reset the background video options and the videos are working as expected with v3.01.  This theme looks great, especially in my Arcade platform!  Thanks!

13 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

I reset the background video options and the videos are working as expected with v3.01.  This theme looks great, especially in my Arcade platform!  Thanks!

Awesome, glad to hear. All I did was add a theme specific option to make sure background videos are off. I also changed the name of it, just in case there was some old behind the scenes code that was tied to its name that controls the background/foreground video logic.

Hi, really like the theme!

I realize this is a remix of the Pezley 4:3 theme but wondering if there are any plans to get your (upgraded) version in a 4:3 aspect ratio. Not sure if there are any plans and/or if I could do myself in the theme builder but I don't see project files.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated!

23 hours ago, Heatvnet said:

Hi, really like the theme!

I realize this is a remix of the Pezley 4:3 theme but wondering if there are any plans to get your (upgraded) version in a 4:3 aspect ratio. Not sure if there are any plans and/or if I could do myself in the theme builder but I don't see project files.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated!

I believe the latest version of this theme was self-coded so I could maximize the performance out of it and smooth out some edges.

If anyone wants to take the theme and code a 4:3 version, that would be great. For now, I don't currently have plans to do so, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind.