LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade & Diner: 5.1 Surround Ambience 1.3

(4 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

A completely different mix than the one posted yesterday it's composed and mixed in 5.1 Dolby Digital, out of 5 different one hour ambience recordings, each recording is slowly spinning 45 degrees within 5 minutes to either Front Left, Front Right, Surround Right, Surround Left or the Mid-speaker, but they even travel across the matrix in depth, sort of like 3D sound depth. This way the audio hopefully won't become repetitive as with most ambience recordings after a while. Can also be played on stereo systems although the surround effect will be less.

If you like to simulate an arcade setting, audio helps give it that extra dimension/mood. Just fire up the audio with your media player of choice and MAME-away :) 

The file is an MKA file, the audio container format of well known MKV video container format. At least MPC-HC and VLC will be able to play it but other players may as well.

Hope you like!

p.s. It's also nice to play the 5.1 audio with your eyes closed, strangely it relaxes lol ?

Arcade & Diner 5.1 Surround Ambience.png

What's New in Version 1.3   See changelog

Released

- Added Arcade & Diner 5.1 Surround Ambience Mix2.mka

- Added Galloping Ghost Arcade Ambience.mp3

776214096_GallopingGhostArcadeAmbience.j

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I love the immersion. Takes me back to childhood and really adds to the experience when I boot up In the Hunt or Ninja Gaiden arcade. Love this!

• Thanks 1
Link to review
newgeta

Outstanding background noise for my cabinet, thank you very much for this.

• Thanks 1
Link to review
darkaegis

I've been wanting to get to a local arcade called the Galloping Ghost to get something like this for some time but A) I know very little to nothing about audio and B) I haven't gotten around to doing it.

That said, this is perfect! I started it and sort of got lost in it, just letting it run for a while as I set up some stuff for Launchbox. Very cool!

Response from the author:

Enjoy bro and thanks for the review :)

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Jeepnheel

One of my favorite unexpected finds/adds -- thanks for making & sharing this!  I don't have a 5.1 setup, but instead have it automatically play on my networked google homes around the house when I fire up Bigbox.  I still hear a little of the rotating effect, and the wide dispersion/echoing from the speakers in other rooms really makes it sound realistic!

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for this great review. Thats a great idea having it playing throughout your home ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to review